The Student Room Group

Croatia vs France - 2018 World Cup Final - Sunday 16:00

Well, football isn't coming home, but this should still be a good game.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Cmon croatia !!!!!!

Lets hope Croatia wins so we can use the fact that England lost to the world cup winners as consolation
Time for me to take pride in my 1/128th French ancestry. Vive la France!
Some idiot broadcaster might put Bilic and Blanc in the same studio :wink:
don't like either of the countries, probably won't even watch this match
The Croatia striker Kalinic got sent home after the 1st game as he refused to come on as a sub.

Would be funny if he missed out on a winners medal.
Croatia came from behind to win in all three of their knockout rounds. 4th time lucky perhaps? Or Croatia to score first and France win :biggrin: depends how well the premier league midfield deals with the la liga midfield.
Final will be a dull affair, for all the exceptional talent on show, France play defensively (very well, I must add) and Croatia will try to work the ball around their defensive structure so may be another 120min match.

Croatia winning it would be amazing, and would surely help Modric's case to break the duopoly of Messi and Ronaldo on the Balon D'Or. But Pogba, Mbappe, Varane have played consistently well at the tournament so it would be fitting for their efforts also. If I had to pick, I'd go for France - just about.
Reply 8
France are very strong favourites imo, but they bottled Euro 2016, so who knows. It would be nice to see Croatia win one, but I like France as well, so whatever. I'm just worried it'll be quite dull, especially if France score first.
Reply 9
France are going to pummel Croatia. England dominated them in the first half and should have been 2-0 up at least, and that's game over. They also faded so badly. France have more firepower and far more pace.

I'm actually looking forward to England vs Belgium.
Original post by sr90
Well, football isn't coming home, but this should still be a good game.

Thoughts?

Yes! Croatia Go on. Such a good team; very skilled and fast on the field. Haven’t been impressed with France
I would be shocked if France goes down in defeat to Croatia. I would still like it to be an exciting match.
I wanna see history take place...GO ON CROATIA!!
Want France to win.
I think it would be good if Croatia won i think they deserve it because they haven't won a world cup before.
I hope this match doesn't go to penalties.
Already excited for the picture of Pogba kissing the World Cup trophy. Vive le France!
Reply 16
France is my sweepstake team, N’Golo Kanté winning the World Cup after his Leicester success, and I quite like the French national anthem, is why I want France to win it.

Would absolutely love if Kanté scored just to see his reaction. Probably wouldn’t even celebrate scoring in a World Cup final.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by S.G.
France is my sweepstake team, N’Golo Kanté winning the World Cup after his Leicester success, and I quite like the French national anthem, is why I want France to win it.

Would absolutely love if Kanté scored just to see his reaction. Probably wouldn’t even celebrate scoring in a World Cup final.

But the French national anthem is all about irrigating their furrows with the blood of foreigners...
Even as i believe France has more chances to edge Croatia,i dont think its going to be easy.i was listening to talk football and this fellow called Brazil was really annoying in his summations that it was a done deal that England were to beat croatia and i was amazed at how little these fellows knew of croatia To begin with Croatia are far more experienced that the Majority of English players and they have a far wider experience base playing in different countries with mightier teams like Juventus and even in Spain,so for anyone to suggest that it would be a walkover was bonkuss.finally we saw what transpired England was outlasted.Back to the French,they have a better team,with individuals of class and intermittent talent, Thats true and they have so far displayed Alot of maturity and strategy,this they can use against Croatia.But one mistake in their http://soccertipsters.net midfield and defense might bring about their it will be a battle of the midfielders.Croatia has a 30 percent chance and France the lions share,but this can change just after the halftime and what the score will be by then.so good finals for both these lovely teams.
Reply 19
Original post by L'étranger123
But the French national anthem is all about irrigating their furrows with the blood of foreigners...

I know. I love violence.

Quick Reply

Latest