The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Reputation/Teaching Standards of Glasgow Law

Basically, I love Glasgow, the uni and the city but am deciding between here and Edinburgh for Law. I know Glasgow is the lowest in the Times tables of the 5 unis I've applied for (Glasgow,Edinburgh,Dundee,Aberdeen,Strathy) but I really want to Glasgow more than Edinburgh but my head says Edinburgh is better! I basically need some convincing academically to allow me to decide.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Have you got unconditionals for both? Which one would you learn better at? Surely you'd want a 1st class from Glasgow rather than a 2.1 from Edinburgh? :s-smilie:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Captain Biggles
Have you got unconditionals for both? Which one would you learn better at? Surely you'd want a 1st class from Glasgow rather than a 2.1 from Edinburgh? :s-smilie:

2:1 from GU vs. 1st from UWS (subsequently rendering yourself inable to get a REAL job!). I know which I'd choose - and it's not the latter! Not sure exactly how that lends itself to the above situation (Law), but y'know... :smile:
Reply 3
Bear in mind both are in the top 20, both are rated 5B for Law and Glasgow actually has higher entry standards - according to the table it is the 4th most difficult law course to get into in the UK. The reason Edinburgh is rated above Glasgow is because apparently 88% go on to graduate jobs/further study whereas 76% do from Glasgow. It's not exactly an astronomical difference. There are only three areas that are used to compile the league tables - in short Glasgow is better than Edinburgh for one factor, and Edinburgh is better than Glasgow for one factor. Absolutely nothing to do with teaching standards. According to the Sunday Times profile though, law is one of the 20 subjects that the teaching was rated "excellent" for at Glasgow. If you'd prefer to go to Glasgow, don't allow such a minor difference in the league table affect your decision. If you get a first or a 2:1 from either university I'm sure you would have nothing to worry about.
Reply 4
I have decided to go with Glasgow! Thanks all! x

Latest

Trending

Trending