The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sohanshah
Oh, and the crap ones are the ones I'm not applying to. :wink:
*shrug*
I think people should just you can get into medicine with a B in Chemistry. In fact, you can get into medicine without a chemistry A-level at all.
Reply 22
Yeah my friend who didn't do chemistry at all just got an offer from newcastle yesterday.
Reply 23
the problem that im finding at the moment is that when i asked my teachers what they think i would get at as they said that im on the borderline a/b (for gcse the school predicted me straight Cs but i got straight As) when i asked them about a2 they said b. For AS at the moment i think i can get an A but im not saying it will be high A so if this happens ill probable on borderline a/b which is why im worrying because knowing the idiots that teach me they predict me low
I dont understand why people are being so pedantic?! Generally you should at least AIM for A's in bio and chem, even if the offer at the end of the day isnt specific.

OP, just convince your teacher you will get the grade. Did you do any jan exams?
Reply 25
yeah i did january exams but had extenuating circumstances (my dad had major brain surgery) so i got geography b (2 marks of a) biology c chemistry c and psychology d . The exams were the last thing on my mind and now in june im resitting chem and psychology. Im predicted 2 As and 2 Bs for these exams. Im resitting biology in june of year 13 and i dont know about geography. My referee said she wiill write my exetunating circumstances in the reference but i dont know if this will make a difference from the point of the admissions tutor
Reply 26
sohanshah
I said expect I think... *he checks*.

He has checked and was wrong :frown: - but they do expect a predicted A.

Your final result doesn't have to be an A though.

Thats not true, my friend has got a B predicted grade for chemistry and got an offer from St Georges, for a B in chemsistry and two A in Biology and Chemistry.
petzneo
Thats not true, my friend has got a B predicted grade for chemistry and got an offer from St Georges, for a B in chemsistry and two A in Biology and Chemistry.

He's lucky. As of next year all london med schools except for UCL are making AAAb offers.
Reply 28
Democracy
As of next year all london med schools except for UCL are making AAA offers.

Ive ruled out all london unis on that basis
Reply 29
petzneo

Wait a second, a B grade in Chem, + 2A grades in Bio and Chem? How dies that work?
Reply 30
Wangers
Wait a second, a B grade in Chem, + 2A grades in Bio and Chem? How dies that work?

EDIT: Lool, sorry! I meant to say a B grade in chemistry and 2 A's in biology and maths.
Democracy
He's lucky. As of next year all london med schools except for UCL are making AAAb offers.

Really? Sorry for the ignorance, but where did you hear that? (I have a cousin who is applying next year and so like to keep up with these things :smile:)
It's in the websites of all the unis...SGUL, GKT, BL..
Miss Monkey
Really? Sorry for the ignorance, but where did you hear that? (I have a cousin who is applying next year and so like to keep up with these things :smile:)

My sister is thinking of applying to Kings College, UCL and Queen Mary for Maths for 09 entry. I took a look at the medicine section of their prospectuses, and they've both gone up to AAAb but UCL is still AABe. SGUL is now AAAb according to their website, and Imperial's been AAAb for several years now. :smile:

The wierd thing is dentistry at Kings and BL is still AAB, I would have thought that would go up too :s-smilie:
Democracy
My sister is thinking of applying to Kings College, UCL and Queen Mary for Maths for 09 entry. I took a look at the medicine section of their prospectuses, and they've both gone up to AAAb but UCL is still AABe. SGUL is now AAAb according to their website, and Imperial's been AAAb for several years now. :smile:

The wierd thing is dentistry at Kings and BL is still AAB, I would have thought that would go up too :s-smilie:

Thanks for the info! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending