The Student Room Group

Theatre studies to physics A-level change

I currently take maths, further maths chemistry and theatre studies. Theatre studies is their because I enjoy drama and am very involved in it at my school, but I considering chemistry at university and am wondering whether or not to switch to physics as I also enjoy physics a lot. I also found out that about %60 of people who take chemistry at Oxford took a physics A level, so this has prompted me to being very split about whether or not to go ahead with the switch. Do you have any advice on what to pick?
Original post by Prengineer
I currently take maths, further maths chemistry and theatre studies. Theatre studies is their because I enjoy drama and am very involved in it at my school, but I considering chemistry at university and am wondering whether or not to switch to physics as I also enjoy physics a lot. I also found out that about %60 of people who take chemistry at Oxford took a physics A level, so this has prompted me to being very split about whether or not to go ahead with the switch. Do you have any advice on what to pick?

Which would you likely get a better grade in, Theatre Studies or Physics?

Just because other people have opted to combine Chemistry with Physics does not mean that you should, or that you would gain any advantage by doing so.

Will you school / college even let you switch A level after so many weeks. You'd have quite a bit of catching-up to do.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Which would you likely get a better grade in, Theatre Studies or Physics?

Just because other people have opted to combine Chemistry with Physics does not mean that you should, or that you would gain any advantage by doing so.

Will you school / college even let you switch A level after so many weeks. You'd have quite a bit of catching-up to do.

My school is fine with the switch and I have been following the physics content on the side so catching up won't be too much of an issue. In terms of grades I'd say I'm pretty evenly matched and would probably be able to achieve the same grade in both
Original post by Prengineer
My school is fine with the switch and I have been following the physics content on the side so catching up won't be too much of an issue. In terms of grades I'd say I'm pretty evenly matched and would probably be able to achieve the same grade in both

I don't know of any data which would establish whether or not you're more likely to receive an offer with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Theatre Studies or with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, and Physics. If you prefer them equally, and feel that you will "be able to achieve the same grade in both", then it likely comes down to personal preference. Sorry I can't steer you more in one particular direction.

Quick Reply

Latest