The Student Room Group

2018 A-Levels - what if I miss a grade?

I'm so anxious! My exams went well, but two didn't go great... I'm so petrified that I've not gotten the AAA grades I need for my English offer... I have heard that sometimes tutors reconsider and possibly allow you in with a grade less?? Just looking to settle my nerves :/
Reply 1
Unis generally want their courses filled. More money that way. Have a look to see if your course is in clearing, if it is you're probably fine. If it's not, then they'll probably still want you there.

Even if they turn you down, you can still go through clearing and get onto a good course. Or you can not go this year, resit and reapply next year. It's not the end of the world if you don't get the grades you want.

All the same, good luck!
Original post by alexsomerville
I'm so anxious! My exams went well, but two didn't go great... I'm so petrified that I've not gotten the AAA grades I need for my English offer... I have heard that sometimes tutors reconsider and possibly allow you in with a grade less?? Just looking to settle my nerves :/

It is possible, but for universities like Oxford I wouldn't expect this would be the case.

Get yourself set up with a plan B if it makes you feel better, otherwise trust that you did well and try to take your mind off things. Best of luck, you'll be fine either way! :smile:
Thank you :smile:
It is possible to get in without the grades (I did!) BUT it's extremely rare that this happens. So don't count on it at all!

If you realise you've missed your grades on results day, check UCAS Track. If Oxford have declined you on Track, then there's no point phoning: they've already made their decision. If UCAS Track has not updated to show whether Oxford have accepted you or not, phone the admissions tutor for the college that made you or underwritten your offer.

Good luck :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending