The Student Room Group

Just got a payrise but...

Iv just been given a payrise from 15k to 17.5k
Im 20 years old, but am i behind in life?
What is the average wage for a 20 year old?
I just feel very **** on how slow im progressing in my work life. Iv been working since i was 16 and im currently on my second company and it still feels like im not earning a lot compared to other people on the same path.
Original post by WilsonSwFc
I just feel very **** on how slow im progressing in my work life. Iv been working since i was 16 and im currently on my second company and it still feels like im not earning a lot compared to other people on the same path.

I'm not sure there is an average wage for a 20 year old. You're fine how you are.

Just look at the job adverts for your area on indeed and compare the salaries. If you feel you can do better, then find somewhere else.
We dont know much here,

What field are you in?
Do you have any qualifications?

Why is someone paying you £17.5k....is just as much a mystery as why they shouldnt be paying you £25k.
Reply 4

youre better off than a lot of people i know who are in their mid 20s.
Reply 5
I’d say 1.4k a month is a pretty good amount for a 20 year old especially if you live with your parents.
Some people stay on that wage their whole lives, it's good that you have a steady job and regular income.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending