The Student Room Group

pierced with a gun...

2 weeks ago, i got my nose pierced with a gun. i knew i shouldn’t have gotten it done, but my mom had already paid and no other place would do it at a young age. so we went to piercing pagoda... the girl who did it had the exact same stud that i wanted. i told her i was allergic to cheap metal, and she said she was too, and she said it worked for her. i thought she was going to use a needle, but then she whipped out the gun, and i got so scared. i had to go through with it though, because my mom already paid and she already had the jewelry and she already cleaned my nose. i looked at my mom and i said i didn’t want it done with a gun, she said i’ll be fine, it won’t hurt that bad. she was right, it really didn’t hurt. but a few days after i got it done, i noticed a small bump on the inside of my nose, right behind the piercing. i didn’t know what to do. i showed my mom and she looked at it, and she said it was just the bone of my nose and it was on both sides of my nose, you’ll be fine. i started to tear up because i’ve wanted this piercing for so long and i didn’t want to take it out. yes i did my research on keloids and infections and guns before i got it done and yes i trust my mom. i don’t know what the bump is, i’m really hoping it’s just a bugger that’s stuck on the piercing, and not a keloid or infection, please tell me what to do!
Original post by ky.jj
2 weeks ago, i got my nose pierced with a gun. i knew i shouldn’t have gotten it done, but my mom had already paid and no other place would do it at a young age. so we went to piercing pagoda... the girl who did it had the exact same stud that i wanted. i told her i was allergic to cheap metal, and she said she was too, and she said it worked for her. i thought she was going to use a needle, but then she whipped out the gun, and i got so scared. i had to go through with it though, because my mom already paid and she already had the jewelry and she already cleaned my nose. i looked at my mom and i said i didn’t want it done with a gun, she said i’ll be fine, it won’t hurt that bad. she was right, it really didn’t hurt. but a few days after i got it done, i noticed a small bump on the inside of my nose, right behind the piercing. i didn’t know what to do. i showed my mom and she looked at it, and she said it was just the bone of my nose and it was on both sides of my nose, you’ll be fine. i started to tear up because i’ve wanted this piercing for so long and i didn’t want to take it out. yes i did my research on keloids and infections and guns before i got it done and yes i trust my mom. i don’t know what the bump is, i’m really hoping it’s just a bugger that’s stuck on the piercing, and not a keloid or infection, please tell me what to do!

If you were aware it wasn't being done properly then you should have left. It wasn't too late to walk out - your mother could've gotten at least a partial refund.

The bump is hypertrophic scarring that has been caused by damage to the cartilage, which is one of the main reasons why piercings should never be performed with a gun. The good news is that it is treatable. Use a sea salt solution teaspoon of sea salt in 250ml of boiling water and wait for the salt to fully dissolve) to clean the piercing. The hotter you can handle the temperature the better. I would personally use a cotton bud, dip it in the boiling water, and hold it to the bump until it cools down and then repeat that for a good 10-15 minutes once a day.
If youre black it may be keloid but noting to worry bout

If ur white thrn idek COULD be anytime

Btw blacl ppl more liekly to be scared with keloid scarring btw if u dodnt know im blacl so i know
Paragraphing, paragraphing, paragraphing.

Quick Reply

Latest