The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Hi

First time poster here. I've been invited to the ASC for next week. Just wanted to know if anyone is aware of whether or not you have to sit an actual interview? (Competency based or not).

From my reading, it looks like assessment days pre 2017 definitely had an interview, and some newer material also mentions an interview. However the FSAC guide only onlines 3 tests with no mention of an interview?

Any clarification will really help my preparation!

Thanks
Reply 1761
Original post by mr.b.23
Hi

First time poster here. I've been invited to the ASC for next week. Just wanted to know if anyone is aware of whether or not you have to sit an actual interview? (Competency based or not).

From my reading, it looks like assessment days pre 2017 definitely had an interview, and some newer material also mentions an interview. However the FSAC guide only onlines 3 tests with no mention of an interview?

Any clarification will really help my preparation!

Thanks

There is no interview in the FSAC anymore. If your chosen scheme/s require an FSB after the first assessment centre, I think these usually include an interview (at least I know the one for my scheme does). But the first assessment centre is just the leadership, analysis and teamwork exercises.
Has anybody received any results from the VI today? Wondering if theres been any movement
Original post by IsaWilliams
Hi, long time ghost on here! So I took the VI on the 15th and still haven't heard anything - should I be worried?

Did mine on the 3rd and am still waiting,... the worst part is, that I didn't have the feeling that I could have done any better. It went quite well from my perspective, so I have not given up hope .... who knows how they decide to look at what interview at what time.
Original post by Lm196
There is no interview in the FSAC anymore. If your chosen scheme/s require an FSB after the first assessment centre, I think these usually include an interview (at least I know the one for my scheme does). But the first assessment centre is just the leadership, analysis and teamwork exercises.

Brilliant, thanks!
Still waiting for my etray results, been 5 weeks now!
Hi,

I submitted my application yesterday afternoon and I received an email saying I had successfully submitted the application and that I now needed to complete the online tests. But the online tests still say locked. How long do they take to unlock or should they be unlocked by now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Original post by user789a
Hi,

I submitted my application yesterday afternoon and I received an email saying I had successfully submitted the application and that I now needed to complete the online tests. But the online tests still say locked. How long do they take to unlock or should they be unlocked by now?

It has been taking up to 24 hours, but i'd imagine it might be longer for those who applied in the final few days as there's always a rush of last minute applications.
Original post by user789a
Hi,

I applied three days ago but they stated 2hrs ago that those who submitted their applications recently can expect it can take a number of days for the online tests to be unlocked.
Yeah if anyone knows how to add a screenshot to the thread, they posted on their social wall this morning that the online tests may take several days to unlock while they deal with the backlog of applications, so no need to worry. I imagine we’re going to be asked this question a lot!

This also makes me think that we might not see any movement re: e-tray and VI for a while as their priority will be with the initial applications. Pure speculation though, for all I know each stage is managed by a different department so have no bearing on each other. It’s something reassuring to think of if there isn’t any movement though :smile:

Bon courage, tout le monde
Did the AC today, was a mixed bag (don’t think I got it lol) - all I’ll say re: advice is please pleaaaase take all the advice you see about timing seriously 😂 I normally have no trouble at all with timing and it was brutally tight. Good luck all!
Reply 1771
Original post by beccy95
Did the AC today, was a mixed bag (don’t think I got it lol) - all I’ll say re: advice is please pleaaaase take all the advice you see about timing seriously 😂 I normally have no trouble at all with timing and it was brutally tight. Good luck all!

Well done! Fingers crossed for you! Can I ask which timing advice you’re referring to, as I haven’t really seen any? Is it basically just to keep an eye on the clock?
Original post by Lm196
Well done! Fingers crossed for you! Can I ask which timing advice you’re referring to, as I haven’t really seen any? Is it basically just to keep an eye on the clock?

When I looked up what people said about FSAC they all seemed to emphasise timing! I did make note of it but probably didn’t take it seriously enough. So gonna emphasise that you absolutely should take it seriously haha
Reply 1773
Original post by beccy95
When I looked up what people said about FSAC they all seemed to emphasise timing! I did make note of it but probably didn’t take it seriously enough. So gonna emphasise that you absolutely should take it seriously haha

Ahhh ok, very much noted! Thanks!
Original post by beccy95

Sending loads of hugs your way! Hope you got it x
Original post by Slowbro93
Sending loads of hugs your way! Hope you got it x

Aw thanks you cuties ❤️ Hoping for the best for everyone to be honest! Was in for Dip, Comms and Gen. Not feeling great (especially for Dip) but you never know eh
Hi all,

I found out that I passed the video interview and I now need to submit additional info. I am applying for the Government Economics Service, the additional information document only has one question relating to any previous FSAC score. Is this correct? I was expecting competency questions. Additionally, since I have not previously attended an assessment centre what do I write in the box?

Thanks
Original post by BethanHill
Anyone still waiting on e tray results? I’ve nearly been waiting 5 weeks!!

I've been waiting just over three weeks!
Original post by naaaaaat
I've been waiting just over three weeks!

5 weeks here too !
Reply 1779
Original post by catholicgirl
Hi all,

I found out that I passed the video interview and I now need to submit additional info. I am applying for the Government Economics Service, the additional information document only has one question relating to any previous FSAC score. Is this correct? I was expecting competency questions. Additionally, since I have not previously attended an assessment centre what do I write in the box?

Thanks

Yep that’s correct, literally just copy the question in and write that you haven’t attended one before! I was surprised too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending