The Student Room Group

18, female, bored - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samiik
I did the old spec so dont know how it is in relation to the new one but when we first started in year 12 the content was pretty simple. There were some topics in year 13 that take a bit of time to understand. I found it okay tbh. There were some lessons i really struggled but once i went over it, i was fine. I do wish id done more practice in year 13 but it was sometimes difficult to make time.

Were you quite good at it with gcses?
Reply 101
Original post by Iahmed512
Were you quite good at it with gcses?

I guess so yeah. But tbh, it doesnt matter if you dont get an A/A* at gcse, its more about the effort you put in and how much practice you do. Ive seen people go from an A* at gcse to a C at AS. Are you thinking of/doing alevel maths?
Do you still live with your parents?
Reply 103
Original post by SweetLeilani
Do you still live with your parents?

As of this month yes. Next month probably not.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
If Mary had Jesus, and Jesus was the lamb of God, does that mean Mary had a little lamb?

After reading this comment, I had reached enlightenment
Original post by Samiik
I guess so yeah. But tbh, it doesnt matter if you dont get an A/A* at gcse, its more about the effort you put in and how much practice you do. Ive seen people go from an A* at gcse to a C at AS. Are you thinking of/doing alevel maths?

I'm quite good at it for gcse, just asking if it makes a difference.
Yeah that's one of the subjects I'm definitely doing, Yeah I know about the practice part because for gcse I wasn't always naturally really good at it but after I started practicing loads I improved a lot.
I know you have to work harder for a level but did you still enjoy it more, because I actually think compared to other people I don't have much great memories of years 7-11.

Quick Reply

Latest