The Student Room Group

I’m 20 and I don’t like clubbing anymore

So I turn 21 in a few months, and I’m at university. I always loved clubbing and getting smashed most weekends when I was 18/19 but now I just really don’t like it, I’ll drink to a point where I’m smashed but I’ll just get bored and tired and just want to go home. I don’t like feeling this way because I would like to still go clubbing but every time it comes around I just Cba for it. Has anyone else had a similar I experience?
I got bored of clubbing when I was about 25. Most people get bored of it eventually.
Original post by Anonymous
So I turn 21 in a few months, and I’m at university. I always loved clubbing and getting smashed most weekends when I was 18/19 but now I just really don’t like it, I’ll drink to a point where I’m smashed but I’ll just get bored and tired and just want to go home. I don’t like feeling this way because I would like to still go clubbing but every time it comes around I just Cba for it. Has anyone else had a similar I experience?

We all grow out of it eventually. Although drugs are fun...
It's never appealed to me, tbh. Everyone likes different things, and your tastes can change. It's no big deal.
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, very common id say ou'll find more & more people like this as you move through your twenties, maybe try nights out at some late night bars instead.
It comes to us all eventually.
We find other forms of entertainment.
I feel the same way. I enjoyed it at first (and even then, barely) and now I can't stand the idea of going. By going way less, it's a lot more enjoyable to do here and there, but I have a girlfriend, University, and hobbies with friends to do outside of clubbing now.

Joshua :smile:
I'm 18 and never liked clubbing
Have you tried bars instead?
I got bored of it when I was like 19 :lol: People end up arguing, you lose people, you find out who your true friends are and most nights are the same. You spend all your money to wake up feeling **** with a hangover. There's so much more interesting things to do with friends out there that leave lasting memories and don't require alcohol. You're definitely not alone in how you're feeling.

Spoiler

I've got bored of going out to it and waking up feeling s**t with a hangover and i'm 21 and in my 2nd year at the uni, didn't go out much in first year either. I do however work for the unis own nightclub so am at most of their nights anyway just not getting drunk and waking up with a hangover, still get to enjoy the nights but being paid for it. I'd much rather just go to a bar to have a few drinks or do a quiz night
Most people go off it eventually, just at different ages. I was never a huge fan of clubbing but did go out semi-regularly at uni, but ever since graduating 6 years ago I just cba. It's essentially paying money to listen to **** music, being bumped into by pushy 18 year olds and having to totally write off the the next day. I'd choose sitting in a pub all night over clubbing every time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1

Yeah bro just hit this exact same wall, Ive just come back for my third year at uni and now find myself getting bored of clubbing despite the fact I used to want to stay there till the end most nights. Did you ever find a solution?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1

im 16.......so idk man...💀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending