I’m 20 and I don’t like clubbing anymore

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I turn 21 in a few months, and I’m at university. I always loved clubbing and getting smashed most weekends when I was 18/19 but now I just really don’t like it, I’ll drink to a point where I’m smashed but I’ll just get bored and tired and just want to go home. I don’t like feeling this way because I would like to still go clubbing but every time it comes around I just Cba for it. Has anyone else had a similar I experience?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got bored of clubbing when I was about 25. Most people get bored of it eventually.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I turn 21 in a few months, and I’m at university. I always loved clubbing and getting smashed most weekends when I was 18/19 but now I just really don’t like it, I’ll drink to a point where I’m smashed but I’ll just get bored and tired and just want to go home. I don’t like feeling this way because I would like to still go clubbing but every time it comes around I just Cba for it. Has anyone else had a similar I experience?
We all grow out of it eventually. Although drugs are fun...
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's never appealed to me, tbh. Everyone likes different things, and your tastes can change. It's no big deal.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, very common id say ou'll find more & more people like this as you move through your twenties, maybe try nights out at some late night bars instead.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It comes to us all eventually.
We find other forms of entertainment.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel the same way. I enjoyed it at first (and even then, barely) and now I can't stand the idea of going. By going way less, it's a lot more enjoyable to do here and there, but I have a girlfriend, University, and hobbies with friends to do outside of clubbing now.

Joshua
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm 18 and never liked clubbing
MrMusician95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried bars instead?
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got bored of it when I was like 19 :lol: People end up arguing, you lose people, you find out who your true friends are and most nights are the same. You spend all your money to wake up feeling **** with a hangover. There's so much more interesting things to do with friends out there that leave lasting memories and don't require alcohol. You're definitely not alone in how you're feeling.

Spoiler:
Show
It seems to be all the rage for middle aged women though.
Fresher18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've got bored of going out to it and waking up feeling s**t with a hangover and i'm 21 and in my 2nd year at the uni, didn't go out much in first year either. I do however work for the unis own nightclub so am at most of their nights anyway just not getting drunk and waking up with a hangover, still get to enjoy the nights but being paid for it. I'd much rather just go to a bar to have a few drinks or do a quiz night
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most people go off it eventually, just at different ages. I was never a huge fan of clubbing but did go out semi-regularly at uni, but ever since graduating 6 years ago I just cba. It's essentially paying money to listen to **** music, being bumped into by pushy 18 year olds and having to totally write off the the next day. I'd choose sitting in a pub all night over clubbing every time.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (18)
78.26%
No (3)
13.04%
Not sure (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads