The Student Room Group

basic surgical skills course

Has anyone been to the BSS course organised by RcsEd? I would like to book a place but it says "6 months in a surgical training post is a pre-requisite", i've got a surgical job coming up but it only starts in Dec, also it's for 4 months... has anyone been to this course not having done a surgical job?
I did Basic Surgical Skills in F2. I'd only done 4 months of Surgery (as an F1), and had never set foot in an operating theatre since leaving medical school.

I don't think I did the RCSEd one specifically though. Although I imagine the course content is the same at all of them anyway?

I agree with the above advice - email them and see what they say.

(Although I imagine if you signed up without doing the supposedly necessary 6 months, nobody would ever check or ask for proof anyway.)
Original post by momoch
Has anyone been to the BSS course organised by RcsEd? I would like to book a place but it says "6 months in a surgical training post is a pre-requisite", i've got a surgical job coming up but it only starts in Dec, also it's for 4 months... has anyone been to this course not having done a surgical job?

Also did BSS in FY2, if you already had 6 months of proper surgical training (aka in theatre not just F1/2 surgery jobs with heavy ward commitment) under your belt BSS would be a waste of time. It's more an application booster

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending