The Student Room Group

Why did Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid?

Somebody asked me this question today at the office... I did not know what to say... I do know he is an arrogant person though, and that he probably wants to be the best everywhere... did something bad happen for him to take that decision? Thank you
Probably thought he's won the European Cup three times in a row, he can't really top that achievement in Spain now so may as well go to another top league and get Juventus their third European Cup and add another league title and solidify his claim as the best ever. The move makes sense for all parties.
Reply 2
Relaxed tax laws in Italy.
I think he left Real Madrid due to the grammar in your thread title.
Probably felt he had achieved everything he needed to at Real Madrid but wasn't loved/adored by the club, squad, manager or fans as much as he deserves to.

No doubt Juventus will be paying him a fortune whereas Perez was probably trying to reduce it.

He's won trophies in England and Spain so I'm sure he'll love a few more trophies in Italy too. Don't be surprised to see him go to PSG next in a couple of years..

I don't think he needs the money but he'll enjoy being a high profile name in USA/China in the future.
interesting! thank you !
Original post by SomMC1
It's being speculated that he had some conflict with President Perez (RM president).
CR7 might have wanted a new challenge though, he gets paid a whole lot at Juve which I think he doesnt mind and winning the Italian Serie A is not a bad achievement to have as well!
I think CR7 will do an Iniesta and go to Japan/China/MLS within the next3-4years, make solid $50-60M/year there and be set for life (as if he wasnt already..).
I wouldnt be surprised if Messi went to China for his final year or two. It seems like a good business move to suck out as much money as possible before retiring - an easy 70M/yr at China? why not!

Quick Reply

Latest