The Student Room Group

Dentistry in spain

Hey,
Is there anyone doing dentistry in Spain? I am looking forward to applying to Spain but I am sure about the admission process, the fee structure, scholarships, etc
I had tried researching but there's not much information. Will be grateful if someone helps me out.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fiza_rajputt
Hey,
Is there anyone doing dentistry in Spain? I am looking forward to applying to Spain but I am sure about the admission process, the fee structure, scholarships, etc
I had tried researching but there's not much information. Will be grateful if someone helps me out.

Hi, there is a website Astar Future where you can find information about applying for dentistry abroad. From what I know, there is no scholarships and you have to be prepared to pay for extras consumables materials during the course plus the normal fees. Also, there isn’t university accommodation as in uk, so you will have to rent privately. There are agents who assist with this but obviously it will mean extra costs. If you haven’t taken a gap year yet, it might be a good idea to take one instead of heading abroad, Good luck!
Hello. Yeah I’m looking into Spain if uk doesn’t work out. Universidad Europea offers dentistry in English they have two campuses one in Madrid and one in Valencia. Cost is €20,000 per year plus around €900 per month for living cost. But I’m still in the dilemma of GDC will recognise the degree after completing it
Original post by mehrezoy
Hi, im starting in summer 2023 I used Astar future, if your starting next year lmk

Did u get an offer already? Which uni?
I got UK - interview and UEM - Madrid campus

I have applied to UEM but still didn’t get an offer
when did you apply? What were your predicted grades? (its ok if you don't want to disclose)
Also its becoming very competitive even more than the past, you will probably need bio chem math AAB or A*BB around that range, if you got anything below very unlikely to get an offer. They should have sent all offers out for the students who applied before the 9th dec I think or smth around that time. They gave all offers on the 14th, it's usually 1 day they send out all offers.

Oh I just applied two weeks ago. I’ve paid admission fee and now I’m in the process of filling out the questionnaire on the portal. I did the Spanish and English test yesterday. Also I’ve sent my degree to the agency for equivalency.
My predicted are A* A* A*
Do you think it’s too late now? Or I will still get an offer
Thanks a lot. Did you pay the fees to secure your place? Which interviews u have did the U.K.?

I would like to say you will probably get an offer. But it's really a first come first serve. Check A* future university.
Also add my IG @mehrezoy_ I reply faster on there! if you need help with application lemme know, it will get super confusing at some point.
Yh so I payed my reservation fee 1.8k euro I think it was. I'm not too sure if I'm gonna stay in the UK tho. I think Spain is better option for me

Amazing. Well done. Pray for me I get an offer too.
So what happens after I submit the three tests?
I should get offered a place then?
Also have you checked with GDC if it will be accrediated once finish ur studies?
Hey, I'm thinking of applying to UEM to study dentistry, do you think it's too late?
Also how are you funding the degree. I have both spanish and english citizenship so would I be able to get a loan from a bank in Spain?
Also do they give you an unconditional or conditional offer, and what A-level grades would you need?
Thank you!!
Original post by diamond603
Hey, I'm thinking of applying to UEM to study dentistry, do you think it's too late?
Also how are you funding the degree. I have both spanish and english citizenship so would I be able to get a loan from a bank in Spain?
Also do they give you an unconditional or conditional offer, and what A-level grades would you need?
Thank you!!

Hey! I literally applied today to UEM for dentistry, so no I don't think its too late!
Heyy! Great, did you apply through an agency or just on the website?
I just finished enrolment for univerisdad Europea in Madrid. Unconditional offer 😍
Original post by Sarah.a3
I just finished enrolment for univerisdad Europea in Madrid. Unconditional offer 😍

Did you apply through an agency? Also are you in year 13?
I’ve applied directly through their admission team. Applied back in dec and just finished the enrolling process
Are you doing A-levels, so would you be admitted no matter your final A-level grades?
Original post by Sarah.a3

I applied through an agency, how long until you got an offer?
Heyy! Great, did you apply through an agency or just on the website?

Hi, I did it through Astarfuture but I haven't heard back from them yet
Are you doing A-levels, so would you be admitted no matter your final A-level grades?

I think so :smile: but my predicted grades at A*A*A*! Yeah I’m doing A levels!
Original post by emmyisthebest01
I applied through an agency, how long until you got an offer?

I think around 4-5 weeks
Did any of you guys apply to the U.K. as well? How is it going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending