The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews

My daughter received a conditional offer of AAA to study IR at St Andrews. Her results came back AAB. Could anyone help with any advice on whether it is worth pursuing her application as her heart is set on St Andrews?
Reply 1
Original post by Jane.pearson19
My daughter received a conditional offer of AAA to study IR at St Andrews. Her results came back AAB. Could anyone help with any advice on whether it is worth pursuing her application as her heart is set on St Andrews?

What does her UCAS Track say? Unfortunately, if it says that St Andrews has rejected her because she didn't meet her offer then there isn't anything that can be done. The university gets the A-level results before the students do and they make their decision. IR is the most over-subscribed course at St Andrews. They have, quite literally, thousands of applicants for only a couple of hundred places.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Hi,

Unfortunately, it'll be unlikely she can get into St Andrews this year. IR is incredibly competitive, receiving thousands of applications for very few places. They do not have places open in clearing either because oversubscribed the Uni is.

Like the commenter above, it all depends what her UCAS Track says, but I think her only way in would be to wait a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending