The Student Room Group

Help!

Please help.
Last year, I failed maths so I resat the exam this summer and I'm worried!

What will happen if I fail my resit? Can I still go to college?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mistyyyyy
Please help.

It depends on the college. They may let you in still and give you the option to resit the exam either in November or June.

How do you think the resit went?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It depends on the college. They may let you in still and give you the option to resit the exam either in November or June.

How do you think the resit went?

I think it went okay but I don't have high hopes. I answered every single question and when I was revising, I was doing past papers over and over again. I even went to tuition.
I think it went okay but I don't have high hopes. I answered every single question and when I was revising, I was doing past papers over and over again. I even went to tuition.

What do you need for college? A 4 or a 5?

It sounds like you have worked really hard, so I hope you get the grade you need.

Did you sit maths in Y10 last time?
What do you need for college? A 4 or a 5?

It sounds like you have worked really hard, so I hope you get the grade you need.

Did you sit maths in Y10 last time?

I need a 4 and no, I did not do maths in year 10. I was in Year 11 but I didn't get very good results so I had to retake the year (by doing level 2 BTEC qualifications). I know this sounds bad and embarrassing :frown:
I need a 4 and no, I did not do maths in year 10. I was in Year 11 but I didn't get very good results so I had to retake the year (by doing level 2 BTEC qualifications). I know this sounds bad and embarrassing :frown:

That's not bad/embarrassing- lots of people end up in your situation and it won't hold you back in the future as long as you can eventually pass maths.

If you don't manage to pass, but have passed your level 2 BTEC, then you may still be able to progress to level 3, and retake maths in November, especially if you were close to a 4.
That's not bad/embarrassing- lots of people end up in your situation and it won't hold you back in the future as long as you can eventually pass maths.

If you don't manage to pass, but have passed your level 2 BTEC, then you may still be able to progress to level 3, and retake maths in November, especially if you were close to a 4.

Thank you so much! :smile:
Please help.

You should be able to get into college without maths but you will have to resit it again there if you get below a C this time
Original post by Student1191
You should be able to get into college without maths but you will have to resit it again there if you get below a C this time

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest