The Student Room Group

GCSEs: straight 9's, A^s and/or A*s?

Hey
Did anybody get only the highest grades in their GCSEs, and, if so, what subjects did you sit?
(I got 9s in maths, physics, chemistry, biology, history, religious studies, literature, language, french and latin, and an A^ in further maths)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I did CIE Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and English Lang, which were 9s, OCR Latin which was a 9, and A*s in CIE Spanish, French and Maths
Reply 2
I did 13 subjects (including Additional Maths), with some of them still using the old GCSE A*-G system. I achieved the highest grades in all 13, except for one, which I got an 8 for. Here are my results:

Additional Mathematics (OCR FSMQ)

A (highest possible grade)

History Opt AY (CIE)

Music (EDEXCEL)

Mathematics A Option H (EDEXCEL)

English Language (AQA)

English Literature (AQA)

Religious Studies (OCR)

Chinese (EDEXCEL)

A*

Biology (EDEXCEL)

A*

Chemistry (EDEXCEL)

A*

Physics (EDEXCEL)

A*

Economics (EDEXCEL)

A*

Spanish (EDEXCEL)

A*
Reply 3
Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
Hey
Did anybody get only the highest grades in their GCSEs, and, if so, what subjects did you sit?
(I got 9s in maths, physics, chemistry, biology, history, religious studies, literature, language, french and latin, and an A^ in further maths)

I've always wondered what A^ meant. Is that basically representing an A that is the highest grade possible?
9- math
combined science
art
geography
English lit

8-English Lang

A*- product design

A- child development
Arabic

D*- health and social
Maths, triple science, geography, Spanish , RE, business studies not reformed so an A* , double English all 9's
(edited 5 years ago)
A star with distinction; it’s only available in a few subjects
Reply 7
Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
A star with distinction; it’s only available in a few subjects

Oh, I see. So what would an A as the highest possible grade count as? I did the OCR FSMQ Additional Maths exam.
Reply 8
Original post by julian.c
I did 13 subjects (including Additional Maths), with some of them still using the old GCSE A*-G system. I achieved the highest grades in all 13, except for one, which I got an 8 for. Here are my results:

Additional Mathematics (OCR FSMQ)

A (highest possible grade)

History Opt AY (CIE)

Music (EDEXCEL)

Mathematics A Option H (EDEXCEL)

English Language (AQA)

English Literature (AQA)

Religious Studies (OCR)

Chinese (EDEXCEL)

A*

Biology (EDEXCEL)

A*

Chemistry (EDEXCEL)

A*

Physics (EDEXCEL)

A*

Economics (EDEXCEL)

A*

Spanish (EDEXCEL)

A*

How did u get 9 in ocr rs? My exam is tmro 😭
Reply 9
I don't know to be honest. I got a 6 in my mocks and had no idea how I did in the real exam - mine was the first year of OCR RS so nobody had any idea how well we needed to do to get said grade. In my opinion I'd suggest you to look at the board's sample answers and comments to get a feel of how to write a good essay.
Original post by m2b
How did u get 9 in ocr rs? My exam is tmro 😭

Quick Reply

Latest