The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Gcse's

Hi I was wondering how much weight oxbridge put on GCSE's and whether I would have a shot at applying at all??? I had got four 9's, five 8's, two 7's and one 6:frown:. Which I was pretty disappointed with considering i was hoping for all 8/9's. Would appreciate any advice anyone has on this subject
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I was wondering how much weight oxbridge put on GCSE's and whether I would have a shot at applying at all??? I had got four 9's, five 8's, two 7's and one 6:frown:. Which I was pretty disappointed with considering i was hoping for all 8/9's. Would appreciate any advice anyone has on this subject
You're fine, absolutely apply! Obviously there'll be applicants with all 9s, but there are just as many applicants with GCSEs on par with yours. GCSEs are one of the least important parts of the application process, so I wouldn't worry about being deselected on this basis. Just work on your predictions, and make sure to do well in any interviews and admissions exams - if you're rejected, a poor performance in that area would probably be why! Your GCSEs are great grades to apply to Oxbridge with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending