The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Language RESIT November 2018

Scroll to see replies

overall what grade did you think you get?
(edited 5 years ago)
What grades did you get in the summer and what grade are you aiming for?
I got a 4 in the summer, a 7 in mocks so overall I would like an 8.
Original post by Ja78975
overall what grade did you think you get?

I guess around 4 or 5. Can't tell, with these changing grade boundaries.
Yeah, because the extract was quite easy to get your head around and was quite simple the grade boundaries are going to be higher I'm guessing around 81-82 marks total for a 4 so about 2-3 marks higher than last Novembers resit.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Ja78975
Yeah, because the extract was quite easy to get your head around and was quite simple the grade boundaries are going to be higher I'm guessing around 81-82 marks total for a 4 so about 2-3 marks higher than last Novembers resit.

what was your Q5 about?
Original post by hd...
what was your Q5 about?

Something about time travel
Ahhh i did a mistake by focusing too much on question 4 rather than question 5 :’)
In question 4 i talked about how it was the goal of the writer to put the reader in eckels shoes through the literary devices like metaphors semantic field of horror/war and the crap ton of exaggeration presented to us
Reply 49
Original post by honkseok
In question 4 i talked about how it was the goal of the writer to put the reader in eckels shoes through the literary devices like metaphors semantic field of horror/war and the crap ton of exaggeration presented to us

I talked about similes and had been focusing on specific word like 'armour' I talked alot about it and many more similes lol do you remember the 'thousands of coins'?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hd...
I talked about similes and had been focusing it specific word like 'armour' I talked about alot and many more lol do you remember the 'thousands coins'?

Haha yeah I remember. I didn’t really comment on it that much tho. In question 2 did you mention the quote “evil something god” bcs lmao that was a big fat oof!
Reply 51
Haha yeah I remember. I didn’t really comment on it that much tho. In question 2 did you mention the quote “evil something god” bcs lmao that was a big fat oof!

lol same I think I wrote something about god
Original post by hd...
lol same I think I wrote something about god

also my weak point is structure! Did you mention the climax as it was in the middle of a short story?
also my weak point is structure! Did you mention the climax as it was in the middle of a short story?

Super worried that I did really bad in the exam. Got a 5 in summer and I’m
Hoping not
To get anything lower :’)
Did anyone not find sufficient time to attempt all the questions?
Original post by Kaushik mysore
Did anyone not find sufficient time to attempt all the questions?

Me for the creative writing but that’s my own fault for not starting with the creative writing haha
Me for the creative writing but that’s my own fault for not starting with the creative writing haha

So you couldn't complete the answer or you didn't write anything at all?
I hope its the former.
Do you have any tips for Paper 2?
How are ya'll preparing for Wednesday?
Reply 58

I mentioned sentence lengths, dialogue and repetiton :wink:
For question 5 I did the describe the world in 200 years time, and I did about how the world is really corrupt and polluted and how my grandmother used to tell stories passed down to her from the past about how beautiful our world used to be, but then my friend said I should’ve included sci-fou stuff about inventions and gadgets to show the world is advanced. Will I get marked down for this, what do you think of my idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending