The Student Room Group

concerning resitting gcses

is it possible to just resit my english language and literature gcses i am not satisfied with my results and i know i can do better, what do you suppose i do?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by fraiere
is it possible to jut resit my english language and literature gcses i am not satisfied with my results and i know i can do better, what do you suppose i do?

Did you get a grade 4 or better?
Original post by fraiere
is it possible to jut resit my english language and literature gcses i am not satisfied with my results and i know i can do better, what do you suppose i do?

if you dont mind me asking what did you get? because it depends! if they are good enough to get you into sixth form, it should be fine in my opinion. you need to think about whether you can go through that whole revision process again.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Did you get a grade 4 or better?

yes but i am not satisfied with it
Reply 4
Original post by fraiere

You'll probably be asked to pay then - you can redo Language in November.
Reply 5
Original post by emm4nuella
if you dont mind me asking what did you get? because it depends! if they are good enough to get you into sixth form, it should be fine in my opinion. you need to think about whether you can go through that whole revision process again.

yes i think i can i plan on applying to russell group universities and a six would not look very good
Reply 6

for free or there will be a charge i am willing to pay

yeah you pay to resit :smile: - or you can choose to do it next summer if you want a bit of a break. however, i know that in my school they paid for your november resits however the summer ones i know u definitely have to pay. so i would say check with your school
Original post by fraiere
yes i think i can i plan on applying to russell group universities and a six would not look very good

i am applying to russell group unis but my gcse grades were not necessarily the best
Reply 9
yeah you pay to resit :smile: - or you can choose to do it next summer if you want a bit of a break. however, i know that in my school they paid for your november resits however the summer ones i know u definitely have to pay. so i would say check with your school

how much is a resit?

Why are you replying to me?
Reply 11
i am applying to russell group unis but my gcse grades were not necessarily the best

are you in uni or sixth form right now and if you are in uni how did your gcse results affect your university choices
Why are you replying to me?

oh sorry!
Original post by fraiere
for free or there will be a charge i am willing to pay

They will ask you to pay but speak to someone early in term as they date of entries [if you want to do November] is quite early.
Original post by fraiere

Reply 15
They will ask you to pay but speak to someone early in term as they date of entries [if you want to do November] is quite early.

how much will it be?
Original post by fraiere
are you in uni or sixth form right now and if you are in uni how did your gcse results affect your university choices

i am in going into year 13, but the courses i looked at most of them don't focus on GCSEs (the course and the unis i want to go to btw)
Original post by fraiere
how much will it be?

It's down to the school - there's a basic charge plus school decided admin charge. You can look up the basic cost on the exam board website.

Quick Reply

Latest