Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by fullbringer13
So, anybody have an interview tomorrow?

yep
on my final train to the hotel
been a day of travelling haha
30min delay waiting in bham new street!
(i know thats probs not bad but im used to london where delays are lile 3mins max)
Original post by mnnbv
yep
on my final train to the hotel
been a day of travelling haha
30min delay waiting in bham new street!
(i know thats probs not bad but im used to london where delays are lile 3mins max)

Nice! I just got to the hotel an hour ago. Spent like 6 hours travelling and 40 minutes looking for the hotel lol.
Reply 582
Original post by fullbringer13
Nice! I just got to the hotel an hour ago. Spent like 6 hours travelling and 40 minutes looking for the hotel lol.

i left home at 3
will hopefully get there for after 9 ish
so not as long as u🤣
nearly tho
(edited 5 years ago)
Am I the only one who hasn't heard back yet? If I had a rejection should I have received it by now?
Reply 584
Original post by Santorum
Am I the only one who hasn't heard back yet? If I had a rejection should I have received it by now?

are you a home student?
Reply 585
Original post by Santorum

Is your UKCAT 2630 or higher (or over the Widening Access threshold if eligible for that)? If not, I am afraid you will receive a rejection.

For GCSEs, from Julian's earlier post:

Sheffield does NOT require a minimum of 8 GCSEs! We require a minimum of five A grades. If these five A grades include Maths, English Language and (a) Science that's all you need to meet our GCSE requirement. If you do not have A grades in those subjects, you'll need a grade B in them.
Reply 586
just had my interview... the nicest ive had so far!
to anybody waiting, just relax :smile:
Original post by SaucerOfNans
Is Sheffield PBL, integrated or lecture based? Or a mix?

You should have known this one before applying for to make sure the course is right for you! :biggrin: look on the course page there's a pdf describing the course and the uni. It always help to read for oneself
Reply 588
Wondering if anyone knows what score you needed to get last year in order to gain an offer?
Must've missed him say this. Where did he mention it? :h:
Original post by Jin3011
Must've missed him say this. Where did he mention it? :h:

I don't think it changed I think he meant it's irrelavent because it changes every year depending on how people perform
When I look at courses and the teaching style PBL integrated etc I can’t find the information anywhere. I read about the course requirements then go through year 1: involves ...::
Year 2: .....

But nothing to state teaching style and that is frustrating. I don’t know if it’s because I’m using an iPhone and not a laptop

Ie Southampton there new procedure that allows resits this year was not obtainable on iPhone I had to go on a computer which is annoying

Is this normal or am I just missing the tab....
Reply 592
Original post by torsby
When I look at courses and the teaching style PBL integrated etc I can’t find the information anywhere......

Sheffield is integrated
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 593
The people involved in the above discussion have had a polite convo and apologised.
Lets get the thread back to what it should be about! :smile:
Reply 594
Are all the interviews finished?
The wait to Feb 19th is so long!!😭
Reply 595
Original post by mnnbv

Sheffield tend to out-perform their targets, maybe it will be a few days earlier if there is not lots of snow to disrupt the work of the Admissions Office this year.
Original post by mnnbv

I agree.... All of the UK interviews have finshed but there are interviews in Singapore till Jan 18th.
Only after then can they start reviewing interview score sheets, so we should expect quite a wait.
Reply 597
Original post by secobf
I agree.... All of the UK interviews have finshed but there are interviews in Singapore till Jan 18th.
Only after then can they start reviewing interview score sheets, so we should expect quite a wait.

Most of the offers will be home students though, so they can get a lot of the work for those done before the Singapore interviews. They have 273 places for Home students and 18 for International students, so the bulk of the 800 interviews will be Home. But it is a massive job and they would not want to rush it and risk making mistakes.
Reply 598
Original post by TCL
Most of the offers will be home students though, so they can get a lot of the work for those done before the Singapore interviews. They have 273 places for Home students and 18 for International students, so the bulk of the 800 interviews will be Home. But it is a massive job and they would not want to rush it and risk making mistakes.

I had a query especially for Julian

I am an overseas student who has given her interview in Sheffield. There though was an option of giving an interview in Singapore in January.

When I gave my interview most other candidates were local students.As everybody will agree the local students will be more in with the body language and communication even if questions have been given before including how they articulate.

Hence my worry is did I take a wrong choice for interview place. In Singapore the candidates would all have been from overseas and hence my comparison and scores would have been given on the basis of my performance compared with candidates who were from my country or nearby but not from UK.

Even though admission officer might say that they have standard scoring sheets for the right answer, the people scoring are humans. hence an overseas candidate giving MMI with local British graduates versus an overseas graduate giving it with other overseas candidates, I am pretty sure there will be a selection bias in giving the scores and that worries me a lot.

I strongly feel that the interviews should be at one place in Sheffield and all should have same type of interview either MMI or panel and not different at different venues for the same course. As it will not be possible to take all the examiners from Sheffield to Singapore, the ones who scored in Sheffield, to compare the performance of an overseas student they examined in Sheffield to one they examine in Singapore.

Can Julian reply when he gets time what his experience has been.

Thanks

Vivsem
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 599
Original post by vivsem
I had a query especially for Julian

I am an overseas student who has given his interview in Sheffield. There though was an option of giving an interview in Singapore in January.

When I gave my interview most other candidates were local students.As everybody will agree the local students will be more in with the body language and communication even if questions have been given before including how they articulate.

Hence my worry is did I take a wrong choice for interview place. In Singapore the candidates would all have been from overseas and hence my comparison and scores would have been given on the basis of my performance compared with candidates who were from my country or nearby but not from UK.

Even though admission officer might say that they have standard scoring sheets for the right answer, the people scoring are humans. hence an overseas candidate giving MMI with local British graduates versus an overseas graduate giving it with other overseas candidates, I am pretty sure there will be a selection bias in giving the scores and that worries me a lot.

I strongly feel that the interviews should be at one place in Sheffield and all should have same type of interview either MMI or panel and not different at different venues for the same course. As it will not be possible to take all the examiners from Sheffield to Singapore, the ones who scored in Sheffield, to compare the performance of an overseas student they examined in Sheffield to one they examine in Singapore.

Can Julian reply when he gets time what his experience has been.

Thanks

Vivsem

I spoke to Julian on my interview day thanking him for his presence on TSR.
He said that the reason he isnt on TSR is currently is not only because he is busy with interviews, he is also not allowed to currently use TSR due to something with the university reviewing its communication or something...
it is best to send him an email

Latest

Trending

Trending