The Student Room Group

UKCAT scores 2018

I’m heading into U6 next week and my UKCAT is in 3 weeks !! Just wondering what a comfortable score would be to get into the universities I’m looking at. I would like to apply to Nottingham, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Sheffield. Can anyone advice me what I need to get to be happy it wouldn’t stop me getting into these med schools? Does anyone recon the cut off for unis will be lower due to the expanding number of medical places being offered this year?Super worried about my UKCAT. I got AAAA in AS Levels this summer so I’m hoping for some good predicted grades.

Thank you x
Original post by millie8937
I’m heading into U6 next week and my UKCAT is in 3 weeks !! Just wondering what a comfortable score would be to get into the universities I’m looking at. I would like to apply to Nottingham, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Sheffield. Can anyone advice me what I need to get to be happy it wouldn’t stop me getting into these med schools? Does anyone recon the cut off for unis will be lower due to the expanding number of medical places being offered this year?Super worried about my UKCAT. I got AAAA in AS Levels this summer so I’m hoping for some good predicted grades.

Thank you x

Moved to Medicine
If u get 690-700+ sorted for newcastle and sheffield.
Notts and edinburgh bit different as they calculate total score based on gcse and stuff. So for these the higher the better.
Reply 3
Thank you!

What else do they use?? I did okay but not amazing compared to most medic applicants at GCSE- 6A* 4A. My favourite is nottigham but realistically I think I’d be lucky to get 700 in UKCAT. And do you know which universities use SJT?
Original post by millie8937
Thank you!

What else do they use?? I did okay but not amazing compared to most medic applicants at GCSE- 6A* 4A. My favourite is nottigham but realistically I think I’d be lucky to get 700 in UKCAT. And do you know which universities use SJT?

Im not sure exactly check uni websites entry requirements for latest stats.
But i think sheffield does use sjt.
Reply 5
Original post by bobwibbles
Im not sure exactly check uni websites entry requirements for latest stats.
But i think sheffield does use sjt.

Sheffield use SJT as a virtual interview station but for ranking candidates for interview they make sure you have there minimum academic requirements then use UKCAT to rank you and then find a cut off score.
All candidates above the cut off are invited for interview.
cut off for interview last year was 2690 (673 average).
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending