The Student Room Group

Are buzz cuts out of fashion?

I have a buzz cut myself, but I don't see a lot of people my age with this hairstyle these days. The only people who I have seen with this hairstyle are men that are going bald, and toddlers.

I got my hair cut to a number 3 all over at a barber's shop towards the start of the Summer holidays, and I noticed that some people gave me strange looks when I was walking through the town centre with it.

Is the buzz cut going the same way as the pudding bowl haircut?

Scroll to see replies

It went out of fashion a long time ago. When I was in secondary school there was this one kid who got constantly bullied for having a buzz cut.
Pretty much only nazis rock buzz cuts.
Get a 3 at the top and a skin fade? That seems to be more 'in fashion' now
Original post by Alexty28
It went out of fashion a long time ago. When I was in secondary school there was this one kid who got constantly bullied for having a buzz cut.

Why? A buzz cut is a normal, easy haircut. You don't have to brush your hair, and it feels so nice when it has just been shaved.
Original post by Trainboy2002
Why? A buzz cut is a normal, easy haircut. You don't have to brush your hair, and it feels so nice when it has just been shaved.

Yes it is convenient but it isn't very stylish.
The only people who I have seen with this hairstyle are men that are going bald, and toddlers.

lmfao that aint right!!!!!

Anyways yh bare lads still get the military buzz:

I usually do mine with a fade like this

with beard

but have done it like this most times:

or the one I have now which is the nazi haircut

try a cheeky line as well:

just dont go overboard

but you know...the head shape has gotta be there. You'll look ace, man. :yy:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Get a 3 at the top and a skin fade? That seems to be more 'in fashion' now

I don't like those haircuts where the sides are completely bald. It wouldn't look good on me.
im not a nazi btw :colonhash: people just call it the nazi haircut
I don't like those haircuts where the sides are completely bald. It wouldn't look good on me.

Broooothhher, trust me it looks good on everybody, whether you have some elongated head, some square head, some round a** head, some oval a** head, some diagonally perpendicular to the circumference of your tooth a** head... it suits most headshapes :biggrin:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
lmfao that aint right!!!!!

Anyways yh bare lads still get the military buzz:

I usually do mine with a fade like this

with beard

but have done it like this most times:

or the one I have now which is the nazi haircut

try a cheeky line as well:

just dont go overboard

but you know...the head shape has gotta be there. You'll look ace, man. :yy:

I have a buzz cut and a beard. I am sure there are many teenagers who still have a buzz cut, but I don't see a lot of people in my town that have one, which is why I assumed that only young children and balding men get them. About 99% of the teenage boys in my town have the hair on the sides cut to about a 0 and the top permed. Some have even dyed the top a different colour.

To be honest, I don't conform to today's fashions. The only thing I once did as part of a fashion was shave a line in one of my eyebrows.
I have a buzz cut and a beard. I am sure there are many teenagers who still have a buzz cut, but I don't see a lot of people in my town that have one, which is why I assumed that only young children and balding men get them. About 99% of the teenage boys in my town have the hair on the sides cut to about a 0 and the top permed. Some have even dyed the top a different colour.

To be honest, I don't conform to today's fashions. The only thing I once did as part of a fashion was shave a line in one of my eyebrows.

how old are you
Reply 12
So long as the proportion of hair on top is more than hair on the sides you’re good. But if you get a single grade all over, that went out of fashion ages ago and no one misses it

:nah:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
how old are you

I am 15 years old, but I am soon to be 16 years old.
I'd still talk to you but... I saw my first in the Bayeux tapestry. I have long hair, imagine the grief I get! Fashion comes and goes... choose what is you.
Original post by 3121
So long as the proportion of hair on top is more than hair on the sides you’re good. But if you get a single grade all over, that went out of fashion ages ago and no one misses it

It is an easy haircut, though. You can't really go wrong with it, unless of course you forget to put the plastic thing on the clippers and end up bald.
Original post by Vinny C
I'd still talk to you but... I saw my first in the Bayeux tapestry. I have long hair, imagine the grief I get! Fashion comes and goes... choose what is you.

I used to have long hair as well, and I got even more grief about that than what I do with a buzz cut. My classmates at school used to always ask me when I was going to get a haircut, and they pulled my hair a few times. Nobody recognised me when I came in with a buzz cut.

lmfao I ave that one , the nazi haircut as it's called, white guys keep it straight and flat, blacks and brown tend to keep it puffy and curly and that. It looks good on everyone, trust me.But do you, the buzzcut is fit to, bring it back in style!
@gjd800 @It's****ingWOODY what type of cut do you lads have? I've got the nazi.

Quick Reply

Latest