The Student Room Group

Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (Teesside University)

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,I know this thread was a year ago not but I’m currently studying at Teeside my self and I want to apply for the psychology doctorate this year but it seems to have been taken off? Does anyone have any ideas why or any updates on whether or not it will be available again in the near future? Has anyone here been accepted and can give any tips for the interview? I have enrolled myself onto a level 3 in counselling skills which is taught face to face for a few months in Newcastle so hoping this will help and currently studying a MSc in psychology whilst working within a school through an agency! Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi there,I finished the Doctorate quite a while ago, but one of my friends is still on the course and mentioned that they have had numerous issues so stopped enrolling new students for a while. I think many of the teaching staff have been leaving, and with the added stress of the pandemic, they have struggled to keep the Doctorate going. I would personally recommend trying a different university, such as York St John, who also do a Counselling Psychology Doctorate. Tips for interviews would be to have a good case study example of a client you helped, a strong understanding of the importance of the therapeutic relationship, to revise ethical guidelines and policies on how to practice ethically with diverse client groups, and also to have a decent idea of the topic you’d do your thesis on. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you all the best.
Hi bear_beau thanks for your reply! Yes I actually emailed the course lead but haven’t had a reply yet so I’m hoping that I get one soon. Thanks for the advice about St Johns York I will take a look at the course they offer as this is not to far from where I am living. Well done on completing your doctorate and I hope your are enjoying your work life after all the hard work. Thank you for the advice for interview that’s really helpful to know.
Yes I'm becoming interested in Teesside university, UK
Original post by summerpalmer
Hi bear_beau thanks for your reply! Yes I actually emailed the course lead but haven’t had a reply yet so I’m hoping that I get one soon. Thanks for the advice about St Johns York I will take a look at the course they offer as this is not to far from where I am living. Well done on completing your doctorate and I hope your are enjoying your work life after all the hard work. Thank you for the advice for interview that’s really helpful to know.

Hi did you apply for York St John’s? Im just wondering as Im applying for the doctorate counselling psychology currently. If you did apply how did the interview go? Any tips

Thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending