The Student Room Group

A Levels or BTEC???

its been a week into my studies at my new sixth form and i havent had a good start and ive been finding it hard. i normally dont like big exams which apparently does not happen to people who do BTEC I hate big exams due to my anxiety, but many people are saying if you do btec you wont get into uni. ive got until 28th of sep to change courses.
would you suggest that i change from a-level to BTEC or stay??
a levels are always hard at the beginning bc it’s a big jump, chances are you’ll get used to it. ofc if you’re struggling particularly badly and it’s impacting your mental health then do what’s right for you :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
You can go to uni with BTEC, but some unis don't accept them, or only accept them in combination with an a-level
Original post by Xavier28
its been a week into my studies at my new sixth form and i havent had a good start and ive been finding it hard. i normally dont like big exams which apparently does not happen to people who do BTEC I hate big exams due to my anxiety, but many people are saying if you do btec you wont get into uni. ive got until 28th of sep to change courses.

You should check the details of the BTEC your college offers. Some may have made the switch to the new BTEC where it’s 54% external assessment. This is one exam each year and something like a controlled assessment but I guess it will still be better than 100% exam for you :smile:

I would advise to stick with A Levels, especially if you are acedemically capable to do them. Many a level students suffer from anxiety but you will learn to cope with it. You're gonna have exams in uni too so might as well start practising early

Level 3 BTEC’s can get you into universities and certain courses. Check out some course requirements for what you might like to study, and go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending