The Student Room Group

The biggest mistake that Theresa May did regarding Brexit is...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vinny C
Original post by ColinDent
I think you secretly have a thing for JRM, you're always posting

You keep beating your chest like Tarzan shouting will of the people. ****ing pathetic... not working, been tried for 3 yrs.

I'll tell you what's been tried for 3 years but has failed, remainers constant bs about how terrible leaving will be, either with or without a deal.
By now Soubry and co. would be hoping that remain would consistently have a 15-20 point lead in polls so they could point to those and demand either another referendum or to revoke A.50 but it's simply not happening.
@Vinny C wow! and here was me thinking what was a joke, silly thick brexiteer that I am. :banana:
I could not agree more with this considering that the majority of the country did not vote to leave the EU even if the majority of those who voted did vote to leave.
Original post by sachinisgod
Lets break it down. In 2016 the UK public by MAJORITY voted to LEAVE the EU/freedom of movement/Customs union.

David Cameron who was a Remainer promptly resigns... so logic has it that the new PM should be someone who was from the Leave camp..... well this is what happened.

Teresa May ( Prime Minister) - Remain
Phillip Hammond ( Chanchellor)- Remain
Amber Rudd ( H. Sec)- Remain
Jeremy Hunt ( Health Sec)- Remain
Boris Johnson (Foreign Sec)- Leave
Michael Fallon (Defence Sec) - Remain

Now when only 1/6 of the Important Cabinet posts is a Brexiteer... how in the name of MERLINS BOXERS are you going to get a government actually serious to get UK out of the EU in the best way possible and what was voted on. It is in their INTEREST to **** up things so bad that the public loose appetite for Brexit and there is a reversal. Labour is hand and hand with Theresa May to derail Brexit. There is no soft brexit or hard brexit. There is just BREXIT.

Mark my words there will be a civil war if that happens.

Original post by Vinny C
Er… I think you mean the 31% who voted to leave as opposed to the 28% who voted to remain. The rest simply didn't have enough coherent information to decide. They have now and that is what Brexiteers fear most. This 52% of the people voted to leave is yet another Brexit fantasy worthy of Boris himself.
Original post by BradleyAustin97
I could not agree more with this considering that the majority of the country did not vote to leave the EU even if the majority of those who voted did vote to leave.

You never get 100% turn out, The referendum had almost an record breaking high turn out.

The depth people will sink to ignore referends is unbelievable
lol no it didn't. More people voted in the 2015 general election and considering how big the leaving the EU is, a majority should consider the whole country not just a few more people that voted one side over the other
Original post by Burton Bridge
You never get 100% turn out, The referendum had almost an record breaking high turn out.

lol no it didn't. More people voted in the 2015 general election and considering how big the leaving the EU is, a majority should consider the whole country not just a few more people that voted one side over the other

OK pleased provide information why you think the official figures quoted and accepted by the mainstream media are incorrect?

Think you may want to double check your facts there.

http://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htm

Also it's a hugely disingenuous argument to say it was down to a few peoope deciding to vote one way not the other, firstly it's not just a few people and secondly that's exactly how they did choose to vote and is how all referendi work.
Original post by ColinDent
Think you may want to double check your facts there.

http://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htm

Also it's a hugely disingenuous argument to say it was down to a few peoope deciding to vote one way not the other, firstly it's not just a few people and secondly that's exactly how they did choose to vote and is how all referendi work.

Oh you spoilt my fun :smile:
Oh you spoilt my fun :smile:

Oops sorry! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And how some just carry on beating their chests like Tarzan shouting the will of the people is even more unbelievable. Change the record! You've been playing it 3 yrs now and it just ain't working.
Original post by Vinny C
And how some just carry on beating their chests like Tarzan shouting the will of the people is even more unbelievable. Change the record! You've been playing it 3 yrs now and it just ain't working.

Ditto Vinny, do you know anything that actually happens on planet earth?
Ditto Vinny, do you know anything that actually happens on planet earth?

I know that constantly attacking a rock with a butter knife will just result in broken knife after knife. No matter how many voted for it.
Original post by Vinny C
I know that constantly attacking a rock with a butter knife will just result in broken knife after knife. No matter how many voted for it.

Well good stuff, that is one thing you know. I'm not sure it has any relevance mind you. I'm pretty sure if we had a national referendum on such question, the nation would agree :confused:

:bebored::doctor:
Well good stuff, that is one thing you know. I'm not sure it has any relevance mind you. I'm pretty sure if we had a national referendum on such question, the nation would agree :confused:

:bebored::doctor:

I'm sure it would... that's why you all cack your britches at the thought of a second referendum.
Original post by Vinny C
I'm sure it would... that's why you all cack your britches at the thought of a second referendum.

Your posts make no sense Vinny, you ramblings travel light years from post to post in the space of one post, we have gone from butter knifes and a rock to me being scared of a referendum?

I'm not scared of anything, if anything remain are more scared of a referendum they simply wish to rig the vote to their favour, it's the only way they could win. Leave would win again anyway in another 'fair question' referendum but, the public don't need another referendum, it will only cause more harm, division and uncertainty.

Referendums don't work, you don't fix a bullet wound with a gun.
(edited 5 years ago)
Your posts make no sense Vinny, you ramblings travel light years from post to post in the space of one post, we have gone from butter knifes and a rock to me being scared of a referendum?

I'm not scared of anything, if anything remain are more scared of a referendum they simply wish to rig the vote to their favour, it's the only way they could win. Leave would win again anyway in another 'fair question' referendum but, the public don't need another referendum, it will only cause more harm, division and uncertainty.

Referendums don't work, you don't fix a bullet wound with a gun.

They make perfect sense... playing the same record 'will of the people' for 3 yrs... still with a dysfunctional dance floor...that makes no sense. It is all you have left in your arsenal... a referendum won on lies. That and the threat of thuggery.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
They make perfect sense... playing the same record 'will of the people' for 3 yrs... still with a dysfunctional dance floor...that makes no sense. It is all you have left in your arsenal... a referendum won on lies. That and the threat of thuggery.

Again you are not making sense. You condone thuggery anyway, you refuse to condem it repeatedly over the last month so therefore you must be supportive of it.

You are literally making no sense
Can give you a bloody nose too... if you insist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA
Again you are not making sense. You condone thuggery anyway, you refuse to condem it repeatedly over the last month so therefore you must be supportive of it.

But I think only a man on a horse with a big stick will get through, as you deny any further expression of democracy. I gladly volunteer.
(edited 5 years ago)

All of you...beating your chests with cries of will of the people. ****ing laughable... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWaPMtNeCk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending