The Student Room Group

The left are turning into fascists

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/labour-conference-right-wing-journalist-faces-ban-call-after-safe-space-video/

The police. They reported her to the police. Hey, don't like what someone else has to say? No problem, call it a hate crime and get the police to sort them out.

Scroll to see replies

Pathetic, mean spirited and totalitarian.
In their haste to attempt to establish the new criminal offence of expressing an opinion contrary to their own, they seem to have disregarded current laws on wasting police time.
It's all getting pretty pathetic and childish .
What a complete waste of time .
This sort of crass stupidity needs sorting out .
And don't forget that right wing groups are having to pay for violence caused by leftie mobs :wink:
Original post by hello_shawn
And don't forget that right wing groups are having to pay for violence caused by leftie mobs :wink:

The hard pressed British taxpayer is having to pay for the legal proceedings plus clear up in relation to the serious criminality and worst antisocial behaviour of all mobs/individual bad apples of every persuasion.
I don’t think Julia cares much.

I recommend you give Julia Hartley Brewer a twitter follow. Great fun.
(edited 5 years ago)
You went from conquering over 85% of the world's land mass to...this

lul
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
The hard pressed British taxpayer is having to pay for the legal proceedings plus clear up in relation to the serious criminality and worst antisocial behaviour of all mobs/individual bad apples of every persuasion.

Everyone talks about the hard earned British tax payer money when it comes to all this stuff, immigration, state control, etc etc. But why has everyone forgotten about the biggest crime of the century that happened in 2008? No doubt you still bank with one of the robbers, daylight robbery.

And here you are playing into their hands by dividing yourselves, being pit against each other rather than uniting against them. Fools, fools. What a sad world where you think people should be allowed to trouble disabled people, then claim their harassment isn’t worthy of police intervention because its a waste of ‘hard pressed British taxpayer’ money yet you’re cool with bankers scamming and stealing from you while they wipe their ass with your tax money. It's because of them you're poorer, it's because of them house prices are out of control, it's because of them our public services and quality of life are falling, it's because of them terrorists/criminals are being funded (HSBC was happy to overlook money laundering for such organisations), they know everyones anger is legit and can't hide from it but if they can get you to direct it somewhere else they've won.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by krissxkross
You went from conquering over 85% of the world's land mass to...this

lul

We started being offended by everything. That’s the problem.
Where does it say in the article about the police?
Original post by yudothis
https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/labour-conference-right-wing-journalist-faces-ban-call-after-safe-space-video/

The police. They reported her to the police. Hey, don't like what someone else has to say? No problem, call it a hate crime and get the police to sort them out.

Original post by londonmyst
Pathetic, mean spirited and totalitarian.
In their haste to attempt to establish the new criminal offence of expressing an opinion contrary to their own, they seem to have disregarded current laws on wasting police time.

Original post by Johnny English
It's all getting pretty pathetic and childish .
What a complete waste of time .
This sort of crass stupidity needs sorting out .

The article never said that she was reported to the police, only that someone was going to report her. Said someone was kept anonymous and since there is no way to confirm whether the police had/have actually been contacted there is no reason (yet) to start foaming at the mouth about this.

/thread.
Off topic but loosely associated is the thousands of hours of police time wasted by the police in investigating arguments on soctal media .
Perhaps it's time for the judicial system to look at this and perhaps make new rulings in relation to such trivial rubbish .
I wouldnt say fascist, but yeah I've always said it's dangerously ironic how they preach tolerance, but are so intolerant to opposing beliefs. Their dogmas are disgusting anyway, no proper values coming from the left. ****ers.
Forget sticks and stones. The thoughtpolice will be after brewer soon...
Reply 14
Original post by SHallowvale
The article never said that she was reported to the police, only that someone was going to report her. Said someone was kept anonymous and since there is no way to confirm whether the police had/have actually been contacted there is no reason (yet) to start foaming at the mouth about this.

/thread.

So that person was lying? We all know this is happening more and more. Don't get your panties in a twist.
So that person was lying? We all know this is happening more and more. Don't get your panties in a twist.

They may have been lying, they may not have contacted the police or they may not exist at all. It's incredibly easy to fabricate a story when everyone involved is kept anonymous.

Focus on the things that actually happen.
Reply 16
Original post by SHallowvale
They may have been lying, they may not have contacted the police or they may not exist at all. It's incredibly easy to fabricate a story when everyone involved is kept anonymous.

Focus on the things that actually happen.

How do I know anything happens that I didn't see?
How do I know anything happens that I didn't see?

Er, what?

If you're asking how a story can be verified then there's multiple ways to do this.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I wouldnt say fascist, but yeah I've always said it's dangerously ironic how they preach tolerance, but are so intolerant to opposing beliefs. Their dogmas are disgusting anyway, no proper values coming from the left. ****ers.

Just looking for free stuff and vilifying the wealthy
Original post by Bang Outta Order

When people want to express opinions and debate in good faith, I will listen, when they show up at events solely to annoy people, take the piss and make people's lives more difficult... not so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending