The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

I need a miracle
The finance questions that always come up are sources of finance and technology with finance. You will be fine im sure.
Original post by katherine340
I got a D hahaha but I needed only 1 mark for a C. I really need to get at least a B in this exam and the information is just not going in my head. Especially the finance unit is killing me.
Original post by High_voltage
The finance questions that always come up are sources of finance and technology with finance. You will be fine im sure.

What about all the ratio stuff?
(edited 4 years ago)
U are never asked to calculate one its always just analysis and ur only asked one question.
What about all the ratio stuff?
Does anyone know of any recurring questions that might come up?
Do I have to know about trade payables period or trade receivables period as I have that in my jotter but cant find anything about it in my textbook or BBC bitesize?
Reply 46
Do I have to know about trade payables period or trade receivables period as I have that in my jotter but cant find anything about it in my textbook or BBC bitesize?

I don't remember learning those, although they could be different names for something else... here's the topics that SQA could ask you about for finance:
F2F62B61-05F1-46DD-AAF0-496B91CE48BA.jpg.jpeg
270990B8-BDEC-477C-9B12-4964322EA711.jpg.jpeg
5612E921-FE4B-4B81-9C98-28697A4BE914.jpg.jpeg
Can someone explain to me what the internal constraints is all about cause I can’t understand it.
Can someone explain to me what the internal constraints is all about cause I can’t understand it.

I had recently asked my teacher this exact question in an email,
the question was :

(Describe 3 internal constraints that make decision making difficult. 3 marks)
Her response was:

Of course, this is just three internal factors that would impact the decision you make.

Obvious things to me for this kind of question would be:

Finance available if a business lots of money available they have more options, whereas if money is limited they may need to pick ‘the best of a bad bunch’ of options as they cannot afford what they actually want.

Staff training if staff is trained and motivated they will be more open and willing to change. If they are untrained then the decisions you make become harder as you need to convince staff to change.

Manager the experience of the manager may impact this. If they are new then they may lack the experience required to make the right decision for example.
I hoped that helped.
Original post by mikemohammed415
I hoped that helped.

Thank you so much! It makes a bit more sense now
Praying for a miracle.
Original post by AyrshireStudent
Praying for a miracle.

Same here haha
Not even kidding, I have no knowledge of half of the course. I'm going to use my general knowledge to help haha.
Same here haha
Not even kidding, I have no knowledge of half of the course. I'm going to use my general knowledge to help haha.

I hope most of the questions are something we know from Nat 5 or common sense hahahah
Does anyone know if we have to know how to find each ratio as well as know the definitions
Original post by mikemohammed415
Does anyone know if we have to know how to find each ratio as well as know the definitions

My teacher wrote on the checklist that we have to know the formula for each ratio and the definition also to be also to interpret why it figure has gone up or down
Let's hope it's like a 8 marker on advantages of being a multinational or something. :biggrin:
I hope most of the questions are something we know from Nat 5 or common sense hahahah
Let's hope it's like a 8 marker on advantages of being a multinational or something. :biggrin:

Yesss, would love that question.
Thank you
My teacher wrote on the checklist that we have to know the formula for each ratio and the definition also to be also to interpret why it figure has gone up or down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending