The Student Room Group

Queen's Belfast University Medicine (A100) 2019 entry

Hi I'm an international student applying to QUB medicine for 2019 I couldn't find any thread for 2019 entry to QUB medicine so decided to start one. Here you can share your stats and discuss them with other applicants. You can also ask questions regarding the course and such.

I'll start by mentioning my stats
International student here with the following stats:
Igcse: 8A*s
AS level grades: 5As
A level predicted grades: 3A*s
UKCAT: 2620 (top 29%) band 2
IELTS: 7.5 overall with 6.5 in writing.
Already applied for the university in my UCAS account.I'm not sure whether the grades can be considered competitive and I would love some feedback.

Best of luck everyone 😃
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by NoIdeaWthImdoing
Hi I'm an international student applying to QUB medicine for 2019 I couldn't find any thread for 2019 entry to QUB medicine so decided to start one. Here you can share your stats and discuss them with other applicants. You can also ask questions regarding the course and such.

I'll start by mentioning my stats
International student here with the following stats:
Igcse: 8A*s
AS level grades: 5As
A level predicted grades: 3A*s
UKCAT: 2620 (top 29%) band 2
IELTS: 7.5 overall with 6.5 in writing.
Already applied for the university in my UCAS account.I'm not sure whether the grades can be considered competitive and I would love some feedback.

Best of luck everyone 😃

Nice Application!

Hopefully, this will be of use in the next few weeks....

Queen's Belfast Medicine Interview Questions (interview format & past questions)
Reply 2
Hey guys. There wasn't a thread so I decided to start one!

Just wondering who else is applying to QUB Medicine for the 2019 entry

:smile:
Hey!

Have you considered accommodation in Belfast for your studies? Student Roost offer three brand new secure properties. John Bell House, Swanston House and Great Patrick Street, all of which are located in the heart of Belfast City Centre and are proving popular with students from the local universities.

Our prices start from £119 per week and include high speed WiFi, all bills and contents insurance. You can benefit from social spaces including study rooms, cinema room and a gym all included in the price! You can book online and we'll allocate a room of your choice within 24 hours! Take a look and do let us know if you have any questions 😊

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/belfast
I've just applied too, just waiting for an email saying they've received my application now!
Reply 5
I really wanna get into Queen's!!! It's my number 1 one choice, I applied yesterday and am pissinggggg myself
Hey guys, another QUB hopeful here. Are you from northern ireland?
Reply 7
Original post by michaela0899
Hey guys, another QUB hopeful here. Are you from northern ireland?

I'm Irish by nationality
Reply 8
Ew medicine
Hi guys I just wondering is anyone could share any info about the MMI and if where they are preparing for it ? Cheers
Original post by hira671
I'm Irish by nationality

Oh nice! Im from Belfast. Have you received an acknowledgement email from QUB?
Oh nice! Im from Belfast. Have you received an acknowledgement email from QUB?

no not yet im kinda worried... have u?
Nooo i haven’t receive an acknowledgement either
No but i wouldnt worry yet though especially since no one has gotten one. QUB is kinda late when replying anyways
No but i wouldnt worry yet though especially since no one has gotten one. QUB is kinda late when replying anyways

ok thank goddd that makes me feel so much better, though i was the only one
Original post by hira671
ok thank goddd that makes me feel so much better, though i was the only one

Haha i understand! QUB is my first choice too. Is QUB ur backup?

What makes you want to do medicine at queen's?

no my backup is manchester, you?
Original post by hira671
no my backup is manchester, you?

QUB Biomed :smile:
Original post by madhu_mitha
Nooo i haven’t receive an acknowledgement either

Yeah I haven't received acknowledgement either ahahah, good to know I'm not the only one!

I'm actually from the North east of England ahaha, Idk I just spoke to an admissions person from QUB at this university event I went to and it seemed really nice so I thought why not! I really wanna go away for Uni too and eventho belfast is over the water, it's geographically not even that far from where I live! Its like less than an hour on the plane.

Latest