The Student Room Group

Iv been kicked out of school before GCSE

I am a (was) student at a private school and have been through the whole of secondary but there is a few months left till gcse and mocks are 2 months away but I have been kicked out for my behaviour which I do blame myself for but now I’m stuck scared that I will not get another place at a different school and get the education needed for my GCSE’s or not even get into another school all together ... Iv been out of school for about a week and I’m stuck scared and wondering WHAT TO DO ?!
What did you do to get kicked out? You must have been warned.
What a privilege is it to be in a private school, what did you do to get kicked out???
Reply 3
Original post by Tasnim2608
What a privilege is it to be in a private school, what did you do to get kicked out???

Fighting and being a class clown way to often
Reply 4
Original post by Tasnim2608

Fighting and being a class clown way to often. And yes I was warned but still continued
Original post by Unknown787
I am a (was) student at a private school and have been through the whole of secondary but there is a few months left till gcse and mocks are 2 months away but I have been kicked out for my behaviour which I do blame myself for but now I’m stuck scared that I will not get another place at a different school and get the education needed for my GCSE’s or not even get into another school all together ... Iv been out of school for about a week and I’m stuck scared and wondering WHAT TO DO ?!

Appeal against it - is it a first offence?

Your local LA will have to find you another school but of course the GCSEs might be different boards.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Appeal against it - is it a first offence?

Your local LA will have to find you another school but of course the GCSEs might be different boards.

Will I still be able to even sit them next year ?
Apply for the apprentice next year and hopefully you will be okay.
Will I still be able to even sit them next year ?

It depends how closely they match - I'd appeal first as you are in Year 11.
Reply 9
It depends how closely they match - I'd appeal first as you are in Year 11.

My dad has tried to get me entry back into the school but they won’t budge
My dad has tried to get me entry back into the school but they won’t budge

They can't just throw you out - there has to be an appeals process. Look on their website - have they followed the behaviour policy to the letter?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Depends really. Some private schools are run like businesses and it can often be at the total whim of the headmaster whether he/she accepts an appeal. My secondary school was private and the headmaster was like that, he could expel students for whatever reason (one kid was expelled for wiping his bogies on someone else’s coat) and there was no appeal process.

You need to get a lawyer involved in cases like that.
Reply 12
You need to get a lawyer involved in cases like that.

Okay let’s say I can not get back into the school what do I do
Okay let’s say I can not get back into the school what do I do

Your parent needs to apply for a local school place for you. Over the weekend have a look at the GCSEs each one offes and see which school matches what you are doing best.
Reply 14
Your parent needs to apply for a local school place for you. Over the weekend have a look at the GCSEs each one offes and see which school matches what you are doing best.

Okay thanks for the help 😊
Okay thanks for the help 😊

Look for the options booklets and you can check exam boards. Contact the LA on Monday. If you google 'school places in [your county]' you might find which one have places.
How did you get kicked out?? At state schools they give you a lot of second chances before you get kicked out so idk if it's the same for private schools. Anyway, in answer to your question I would suggest paying to take your exams elsewhere if you don't find a place in time. This can be pricey but your parents sent you to private school so I presume they could afford it?

Quick Reply

Latest