The Student Room Group

I want to know if I am in Trouble or not...

I am from India and I am 15yrs old. Ill be travelling to England in the next few days and Ive been told that Ill be enrolling in year 11 which is the GCSE board year. I researched and found out that over 60% of the syllabus for GCSE is covered in YEAR 10 but I am basically directly going to YEAR 11. I need guidance on how to study, should I cover up the entire year 10 syllabus on my own because I am aiming for 8s and 9s in the GCSEs....Ill be mostly taking higher math, triple science, French and geography if I am asked to. The thought of covering up 2yrs worth syllabus in a year is making me anxious...
Reply 1
Find out which exam boards you'll be studying, and have a look at the specifications on the exam board websites first. Coming from India, you may have covered this content already in your own education system, which appears to be quite rigorous. Make note of the bits you haven't covered and ignore anything you have seen before for now, and prioritise catching up the new bits. Also, when you go to school in a few days, ask them for help and find out what kind of resources they can offer to help you with this - you're not alone in this situation. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
thanks a lot for telling me about that, I will definitely check on it. Its true that the education system in India is quite rigorous but its all about knowledge based on theory and lacks a lot in the practical implementation of knowledge. Thanks for boosting me up. Hopefully Ill be able to catch up on that:h:

Original post by zeasea
Find out which exam boards you'll be studying, and have a look at the specifications on the exam board websites first. Coming from India, you may have covered this content already in your own education system, which appears to be quite rigorous. Make note of the bits you haven't covered and ignore anything you have seen before for now, and prioritise catching up the new bits. Also, when you go to school in a few days, ask them for help and find out what kind of resources they can offer to help you with this - you're not alone in this situation. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest