The Student Room Group

My bf gets angry very easily

IV been with him for 9 months and at first he was amazing but as of this month he's been getting extremely aggressive with me quick to argue quick to blame me for him kicking of he said his friend invited him out I said you can go if you want and he said I'm trying to kick him out his own house :frown: I wasn't he then said I'm not your dog you can tell what to do bare in mind that I only said if u want to go out go babe he said everything I say is a stab at him :/ to the point we're I'm even scared to talk to him he is meeting an old friend a women IV never heard of and he's flipping out because I don't think it's appropriate should I leave him
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
IV been with him for 9 months and at first he was amazing but as of this month he's been getting extremely aggressive with me quick to argue quick to blame me for him kicking of he said his friend invited him out I said you can go if you want and he said I'm trying to kick him out his own house :frown: I wasn't he then said I'm not your dog you can tell what to do bare in mind that I only said if u want to go out go babe he said everything I say is a stab at him :/ to the point we're I'm even scared to talk to him he is meeting an old friend a women IV never heard of and he's flipping out because I don't think it's appropriate should I leave him

Well if you had good communication and he wanted to meet an old friend why would that be inappropriate!
However you don't If a friend told you they were too afraid to talk to their partner what would you advise.Has anything else changed in his world eg work stress or family issues? If not get out now.You do not have to put up with this and shouldn't.

Obviously we are only getting a small snapshot here and you will both know more about the overall situation and have a more informed feeling about whether you should leave him. But on this information yes, you should absolutely leave him before this escalates. Him being quick to anger is a red flag, but him being quick to anger and then blaming you for it is a massive red flag. There is no excuse for this sort of aggression in any relationship, but for it to happen regularly is a real problem. You need to prioritise your own wellbeing, and I think that means getting out of this situation before this gets worse. In the grand scheme of things 9 months is nothing for a relationship. You can move on from this and find someone else who actually respects you and treats you like a partner should. I'd get out now.
Reply 3

If what you said is true then you should leave him right away. That's very toxic behaviour and it's only ever going to get worse. Much worse that you'll end up hating your life.

Leave him ASAP. I stayed in an abusive relationship for too long and it affected me for a good while after. Look out for yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending