The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BoilingMarmalade
Have a great time in Southampton! I haven't been there in years. I went to sixth form in Salisbury so used to go there every now and again.

I will still contact them in August, I've got nothing to lose and you never know!

Otherwise, hopefully my new A levels will be good enough that I can try again next cycle, without the stress of doing A levels as well!

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine

Unsure how much of this is true but some of the grad courses have been flagged up here as in clearing and might be worth a shot! Southampton has even been flagged!
Original post by Jsheridan
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=medicine

Unsure how much of this is true but some of the grad courses have been flagged up here as in clearing and might be worth a shot! Southampton has even been flagged!

Just had a look. There are no GEM courses in clearing. I was a bit suspicious as I saw Swansea on there and I know for a fact they haven't gone all the way through their waiting list!
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
Just had a look. There are no GEM courses in clearing. I was a bit suspicious as I saw Swansea on there and I know for a fact they haven't gone all the way through their waiting list!

Well it was worth a shot when I saw all the tabs that said clearing and some of them said grad courses were in. I guess they keep it open for waiting lists. :frown:
@BoilingMarmalade Good luck with your A-level results, hope you ace them and secure a place at Sheffield :smile:
@BoilingMarmalade my prayers are with you, you will get it. stay positive think positive. call Sheffield asap tomorrow and secure your place I look forward to seeing you and I really hope you get it.
Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me. I did CIE for biology and sociology and they released their results on Tuesday so the only result I'm waiting for today is RS. The exam centre should email it through this morning. I got an A in sociology and a B in biology, which I was slightly disappointed with but it's good enough.

They did say when I contacted them last week that they weren't currently in a position to make any more offers but you never know! At least if I have to reapply, the whole process will be a lot more straight forward this time.

I'll keep you posted x
I got a B in religious studies as well.

I gave them a call and spoke to a lovely lady, but alas, the course is full! The chances are I will need to reapply. Best get ready to take on the UKCAT again :dumbells:
if there isn't 15 of us at least in September I will be disappointed.
Original post by IamDreaming
if there isn't 15 of us at least in September I will be disappointed.

If you don't count 15 people, let me know and I'll turn up lol

Latest

Trending

Trending