The Student Room Group

3am Feelgood Thread

Hey everyone,

I'm in a good place. It feels like I've known the friends I've made at uni my whole life. I'm not drowning in work and I've found someone who I love being around and we share pretty much all the same interests.

Sure, not everything's perfect, but I've never thought I'd be in this situation before. I can't believe I'm experiencing it firsthand.

I got lucky I guess.

How have you guys started off this academic year?

IMG_20181029_001844-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
Good to hear someone on a level isntead of the usual stresshead posts about how people are struggling at university - good for you!

Well, I'm busy as **** because I'm teaching across several institutions. Temp contracts, but vital experience, so all good at the mo.
it's the witching hour :troll:
Original post by gjd800
Good to hear someone on a level isntead of the usual stresshead posts about how people are struggling at university - good for you!

Well, I'm busy as **** because I'm teaching across several institutions. Temp contracts, but vital experience, so all good at the mo.

Thanks, glad it's working out pretty decent for you too. That's neato though, what do you teach?
Reply 4
Original post by MrDoggyPants
Thanks, glad it's working out pretty decent for you too. That's neato though, what do you teach?

Philosophy. Also got my first ever batch of dissertation supervisions through last week which is exciting. All go. Not complaining, like.
Invest in a 15 tog duvet and get yourself a student spotify premium account. This is what saved me from insomnia.
Original post by gjd800
Philosophy. Also got my first ever batch of dissertation supervisions through last week which is exciting. All go. Not complaining, like.

Sounds good, I've got a bibliography to finish tomorrow and I'll be set for the week. Halloween kinda screwed with my immune system but I'll pick myself up soon enough.
Reply 7
Original post by MrDoggyPants
Sounds good, I've got a bibliography to finish tomorrow and I'll be set for the week. Halloween kinda screwed with my immune system but I'll pick myself up soon enough.

I have a lecture to write tomorrow... We'll see if that happens or if I just sack it and head to the pub :laugh:

Good luck!
Idk, what I do know is that 15 tog is comfy af. Anything above 20 is probably overkill tbh unless you're studying in Iceland or something.
Original post by gjd800
I have a lecture to write tomorrow... We'll see if that happens or if I just sack it and head to the pub :laugh:

Good luck!

Same to you!

I went a bit hard on Wednesday so I'm gonna lay off the drinking for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest