The Student Room Group

Graduation Ceremony Snub

Hi. I just received a BA degree in Illustration but didn’t attend my ceremony because I had better things to do which didn’t involve dressing up in a silly gown for a pompous ceremony. I’m also 29 so that’s probably another reason why I felt this way. I also didn’t want to spend an obscene amount of money to hire something that I was only going to wear for a few hours. No regrets.
Reply 1
But you nevertheless come on TSR at 3am to let us all know.

I will never understand this place. At 29, I might expect a more sensible post.

You didn't go to your graduation. Big wow. Who is arsed?
Original post by Loujay94
Hi. I just received a BA degree in Illustration but didn’t attend my ceremony because I had better things to do which didn’t involve dressing up in a silly gown for a pompous ceremony. I’m also 29 so that’s probably another reason why I felt this way. I also didn’t want to spend an obscene amount of money to hire something that I was only going to wear for a few hours. No regrets.

This is the third time you've created a thread to say this.
Anyone get a whiff of a Desmond???
Don’t worry. You can always hire a gown as a halloween costume and get some photos if you’re regretting your decision.
The third thread you’ve created on this. The lady protests too much?
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
This is the third time you've created a thread to say this.
Anyone get a whiff of a Desmond???

Yes, I got a 2:2 but that’s not the main reason I didn’t go. Regardless of my classification, it wouldn’t make a difference to my non attendance.
Reply 6
Trust me, I don’t. Hope you had a good Halloween.

Original post by PQ
Don’t worry. You can always hire a gown as a halloween costume and get some photos if you’re regretting your decision.
Reply 7
My opinion is important.

Original post by gjd800
But you nevertheless come on TSR at 3am to let us all know.

I will never understand this place. At 29, I might expect a more sensible post.

You didn't go to your graduation. Big wow. Who is arsed?
Reply 8
Original post by Loujay94
My opinion is important.

To you, sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending