The Student Room Group

problem with neighbours

New neighbours have moved in 2 years ago and ever since they have moved in they have they have not let me sleep.

When they moved in they were doing DIY for 2 weeks from like 7 am -3am the next day and we had to tell them to be quiet, and they still continued with hammering.

Then their annoying teenage daughter moved in who would scream at 1 am in the morning so one day I got annoyed and shouted be quiet or I will call the police, she continued even more. Then their whole family would come over and scream and stuff till 3am and when we would knock on the wall they would ignore it. Then she started doing stuff like banging cupboards and shouting at night on purpose, I know its on purpose because I heard one of her cousins or whoever laugh and say allow it.

Even when i don't do anything back the daughter and the mother shout and scream and bang cupboards at around 3am to annoy me. They even stop for a second to see if a react and if i don't they start banging cupboards really loudly and I would wake up from shock. Even my sister doesn't sleep in our shred room anymore she sleeps on the sofa because of them. Once they had guests over and were shouting till 1am and my sister had work the next day so she started banging on the wall, then the guests left and the daughter came upstairs and started banging the cupboards.

The problem is now I have been overdosed on a medication and have been having problems with my heart and ongoing palpitations and anxiety. I have been to A&E a few times. Once the mother started shouting at 1 am and I woke up from shock, so I did shout shut up and the daughter started banging the cupboards and I could hear the dad laughing, I did get annoyed and shout ***** and she started banging the cupboards even more.

A few days ago the mum shouted to wake up the daughter at 5 am and started banging cupboards so i did call her an idiot.

Its unfair, and i feel like I'm getting bullied.
Even every morning I say good morning to my parents and the daughter now shouts good morning and starts laughing and she even opened the window and shouted it.

I want to call the council but my problem is if they tell the council that I called them names, which i think in my case is justified.

They have woken me up at 4 or 5 am 5 days in a row an dim starting to get palpitations and dizziness now
Reply 1
Haven't you asked this before? Report it to the relevant housing agency or council; look online for the procedure.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Haven't you asked this before? Report it to the relevant housing agency or council; look online for the procedure.

Thanks, I have but the problem is getting g worse and worse
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, I have but the problem is getting g worse and worse

You have what, posted or reported?
Reply 4
It is definitely worth reporting to your local council because their actions are really horrible, in the meantime you could try soundproofing or getting earplugs if that helps?
Reply 5
Thanks for replying

I want to make a report to the council, but the problem is there have been times like days of waking up in shock or not sleeping where I have shouted stuff back like *****, or called the mum an idiot or even called the daughter ugly (which im deffo not wrong about), can they report me for that. As if i don't do anything back like today when they woke me up at 5;30 and i just tried to quietly go back to sleep at 6;30 they started slamming the cupboards

I dont wnat to get reported, and they never shout anything back so idk if they are secretly recording me

I have anxiety and heart problems and now im also getting dizziness from the lack of sleep
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for replying

I want to make a report to the council, but the problem is there have been times like days of waking up in shock or not sleeping where I have shouted stuff back like *****, or called the mum an idiot or even called the daughter ugly (which im deffo not wrong about), can they report me for that. As if i don't do anything back like today when they woke me up at 5;30 and i just tried to quietly go back to sleep at 6;30 they started slamming the cupboards

I dont wnat to get reported, and they never shout anything back so idk if they are secretly recording me

I have anxiety and heart problems and now im also getting dizziness from the lack of sleep

You need to keep a diary -- record dates and times, what noise was being made, how long it was going on for. Start doing that now, even before you contact the council (the council will probably need you to make a diary anyway -- they'll want evidence as to how bad the issue is).

Try not to be rude to your neighbours. You might feel that you want to, but it's not going to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending