The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University of south Wales inside opinions

If anyone is considering the university of south wales i am a natural history student there and would love to answer any questions you may have
Reply 1
Original post by Beardie26
If anyone is considering the university of south wales i am a natural history student there and would love to answer any questions you may have

Hi, I've moved this to the USW forum :smile:

Just wondering... where you in Treforest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

is the mountain halls premium room worth it? or is a standard room just fine?
Also, are they catered or can I apply for any?
When you started uni, when did you get your maintenance loan?
Ans what is freshers week like?
Sorry for all the questions haha
and I am going to do MComp
Reply 3
From what I have seen of my other flatmates in mountain halls, I wouldn't say that there was much of a difference but definitely try and avoid Glamorgan court.
All accommodation is uncatered.
Being a person who doesn't drink or party I can't really comment but the uni put on lots of parties and activities like quad biking during Freshers week. Lets just say it can get pretty loud and roudy.
p.s beware of the 3 in the morning fire drills about 3 weeks in :smile:
From what I have seen of my other flatmates in mountain halls, I wouldn't say that there was much of a difference but definitely try and avoid Glamorgan court.
All accommodation is uncatered.
Being a person who doesn't drink or party I can't really comment but the uni put on lots of parties and activities like quad biking during Freshers week. Lets just say it can get pretty loud and roudy.
p.s beware of the 3 in the morning fire drills about 3 weeks in :smile:

Woah
Thank you so much!
Thanks for the warning too, 3 in the morning fire drills....smh haha
Btw why do you say that about glamorgan court? Is it that bad? I read on another thread that mountain halls was bad hahaha and that the windows dont open
Reply 5
Original post by kurro
Woah
Thank you so much!
Thanks for the warning too, 3 in the morning fire drills....smh haha
Btw why do you say that about glamorgan court? Is it that bad? I read on another thread that mountain halls was bad hahaha and that the windows dont open

I personally had a bad experience there. I din't like parties and loads of noise and it mostly seemed to happen down in Glamorgan court. Being much newer and more open, mountain halls has a much more positive air about it and i found that helped with stress and general mental wellbeing. Also the walls are much thicker and can block out all the noise. In regards to the windows, yes they are a bit weird and more like metal slits in the wall but it's not that bad really
I personally had a bad experience there. I din't like parties and loads of noise and it mostly seemed to happen down in Glamorgan court. Being much newer and more open, mountain halls has a much more positive air about it and i found that helped with stress and general mental wellbeing. Also the walls are much thicker and can block out all the noise. In regards to the windows, yes they are a bit weird and more like metal slits in the wall but it's not that bad really

I understand, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending