The Student Room Group

Part Time Occupational Therapy Bsc

Hello, I am hoping someone on here can help. I am hoping to study a part time BSc in Occupational Therapy in either the University of South Wales or Swansea University. I have a son who had Additional Needs so child care is a bit more complicated for us. I also have a daughter who is neurotypical. I was wondering if anyone knows what the time tables look like? Also if anyone else has a similar personal situation to me that has any advice I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Original post by HPettit
Hello, I am hoping someone on here can help. I am hoping to study a part time BSc in Occupational Therapy in either the University of South Wales or Swansea University. I have a son who had Additional Needs so child care is a bit more complicated for us. I also have a daughter who is neurotypical. I was wondering if anyone knows what the time tables look like? Also if anyone else has a similar personal situation to me that has any advice I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Hello HPettit,

I hope you are well. It's great to hear that you are thinking of possibly studying Occupational Therapy at Swansea!

So the part-time course is exactly the same teaching and level of academic study as the full-time course. The only difference is that the modules are spread across four years as you will be aware of.

Students are asked to attend university for an 'intensive' week at the start of each term (dates of which are available in the handbook in advance). Following this, you will be asked to attend one day a week for face to face-to-face teaching - in the first year - this is always on a Friday. It is recommended that in order to manage the study required for the course, you should also schedule one additional full day of independent study a week to keep up to date with self-directed work.

Its also worth noting in order to qualify as an occupational therapist students need to complete a certain number of clinical placement hours. The placements run in the first year (8 weeks), third year (10 weeks) and fourth year (12 weeks) and the placements are full time (37.5 hours per week).

It might be helpful for you to visit one of our upcoming Open Days in order to gain a greater understanding of what might be expected of you. You would be able to speak to academics from the department and also speak to student services who will be able to talk more about what support can be offered to you. As a student myself, I found attending an Open Day really helpful. I was able to ask questions to the correct teams, in person, which definitely put my mind at ease before the start of the semester. Our next Open Days are on the 21/10 and 11/11. More information on these, and how to book, can be found here: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/open-days/

I hope that helps. Please do get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Megan, Student Ambassador, Swansea University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending