The Student Room Group

Chemistry help!!

I have a test tomorrow in chemistry and have no idea what to do for this question!

Link energy of particles to state changes in a substance from solid, liquid and gas.

I just don't understand the question please explain or help please
It’s to with the Kinect energy, as you heat the partials up, the have more kinetic energy so they begin to move/vibrate more, this breaks to forces between the particles which causes the particles to move further apart. The kinetic energy causes the bonds to be disturbed in solid to liquid and completely break in liquid to gas. That’s quite basic but ask anymore questions if you’re still confused.
Original post by Lau2en _
It’s to with the Kinect energy, as you heat the partials up, the have more kinetic energy so they begin to move/vibrate more, this breaks to forces between the particles which causes the particles to move further apart. The kinetic energy causes the bonds to be disturbed in solid to liquid and completely break in liquid to gas. That’s quite basic but ask anymore questions if you’re still confused.

ha thanks I probably will because I'm confused as ****

I have a question that says you need to know the physical state of a substance if given melting and boiling point data of a substance can you help? no problem if not
bump
If it’s lower than it’s m.p it’s a solid, in between m.p and b.p liquid and higher than b.p gas
It’s m.p is when something has turned into a liquid and b.p is when something had turned into a gas
It’s m.p is when something has turned into a liquid and b.p is when something had turned into a gas

ahhh you're a life saver

ahhh you're a life saver

ahhh you're a life saver
Also, always use water as an example in your head, like ice is the hardest e.c.t and think if it like ice, water and water vapour
here's my other questions i don't get if any of you can help
Describe fractional distillation and how it can be used to separate nitrogen and oxygen from air ( 6marks )
Describe the distillation process and how it can be used to make sea water safe to drink
thanks
bump
bump
ajajjajaj help please

Quick Reply

Latest