The Student Room Group

Physics or Economics Degree? How do I choose?

I'm stuck between Physics and Economics as a degree.
I love Physics, although I abhor practicals. Scientific research is something that I hate doing (at GCSE and A-level I'd get bored halfway through and make up results that fit the pattern). However, I did an EPQ on Politics and Economics and loved doing research for that, probably because it was just about analysing and collating information that was already there for me.
I do find Physics ridiculously fascinating, though I only really like Quantum Physics and Cosmology - Mechanics and the day-to-day stuff bores me.
I have never done Economics before, but I find it interesting, and I know it leads to a good job usually (if you continue to pursue it). However, I'm not entirely sure i want to sit at a desk for the rest of my life - so what else can you do with Economics? The social science side is really fascinating and I've read a few books written by Economists which I love, but I really have no experience in the area.
With Physics, I don't think I'd be likely to go into research because it involves a lot of experiments, so is there any point in me doing it at degree level?
Summarised, I'm looking for some experiences of each course at Degree Level and beyond, and any advice you might have. If it helps, I have these A-Levels:
Mathematics - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
EPQ - A
Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending