The Student Room Group

2019 Apprenticeships / Degree Apprenticeships Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrpepesman
Any update on applications?

No I'm still trying to complete the form. Hby. How was the insight evening?
Original post by A*Student2017
i am currently a student thinking to apply to some of the companies and realised i dont do computing but want to do it at degree apprenticerhship level whats your advice when answering the questions?

Hey. I have a friend in a similar position to you. He has built up a genuine interest in the computer science and technology over the last few years listening to lectures and programming in his free time. With apprenticeships, they are looking for an interest in technology and some evidence of this. So I would say think of a few examples where your passion and commitment to technology has shown and use those examples to answer questions. Maybe its a lecture you listened and you've started reading about AI, or you build websites in your free time or whatever else. But passion is key. This is what I have gathered from talking to other apprentices at careers events.

Hope that helps!

What companies are you thinking of applying to?
Thank you i guess ill learn some programming languages e.g. python and go to some tech events and the companies im applying to :
-KPMG - digital
EY- digital
Goldman sachs- software engineering
Accenture - software engineering
Ibm - digital and technology soloutions
Capagemi - digital and technology soloutions
BBC - software engineering
Reply 23
Hey guys, any updates on your apprenticeship applications?

Hey. I applied to KPMG and they said because they have a lot of applications they were going to see the results of those applications and let me know if I could progress me to the next stage.

How are your applications going?
Reply 25
Original post by abubakr0344
Hey. I applied to KPMG and they said because they have a lot of applications they were going to see the results of those applications and let me know if I could progress me to the next stage.

How are your applications going?

Me and a friend both got this email a couple of weeks ago too- bit concerned that we're not going to be considered as it's been a while and i was eager about KPMG!

Let me know if you hear anything back :smile:

TBH i need to start applying today ive not started due to assessment week :frown:
Original post by flf2001
Me and a friend both got this email a couple of weeks ago too- bit concerned that we're not going to be considered as it's been a while and i was eager about KPMG!

Let me know if you hear anything back :smile:

Sure, will do.

How long have you guys been waiting?
has anyone else applied for the Dyson Institute? I just got through to stage three, anyone else?
Hi guys, I've seen a lot of graduate forums for all of the grad jobs applications for companies such as EY, PwC, IBM etc. I am yet to find a forum for apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships. I have applied so far for:

PwC Management Consulting London (Place received)
EY Software Engineering (Rejected)
KPMG 360 Digital (In progress)
Deloitte BrightStart Tech Consulting (In progress)

If you have any questions let me know, I have questions for other people as well so if you are on any of these courses, please DM me. Please feel free to discuss your applications on here. Thanks :smile:

I've applied for:
EY(Leadership and Management) - Place received
and I have assessment centres coming up for:
KPMG 360 digital
JP Morgan Digital
:smile:)
Sure, will do.

How long have you guys been waiting?

I got this email too!
Hi,

I am also applying to KPMG Digital, your the first person I've seen who is, how far along are you in the application process?

I have too! I'm waiting for a assessment centre date
Original post by Starry2012
I have too! I'm waiting for a assessment centre date

same :smile:
Yeah its been 5 weeks for me😂, which city/place did you apply at?
Yeah its been 5 weeks for me😂, which city/place did you apply at?

London :smile: How about you?
Original post by laurenpaling
London :smile: How about you?

Mines at Manchester, I think it'll probably come after sometime cuz of the holidays, have you done any prep for it so far ? 😄
I've applied to:

Wates Construction - Site Project Manager (passed interview and made it to the Assessment centre)
Arup - Civil Engineer (interview coming up)
Atkins - Railway Engineer (interview coming up)
Mines at Manchester, I think it'll probably come after sometime cuz of the holidays, have you done any prep for it so far ? 😄

Yeah hopefully.
No not yet. I had an one at EY a few weeks ago, so was preparing for that. How about you? :smile:
Aah nice! Iv'e never had a interview nor a AC before so i'm not sure how to prepare, especially for that interview😬
My EY one had pre work so I prepared with that but you can’t really prepare for the rest. Just knowing facts about the company help like the key values and objectives. Other than that I’m not sure x and by interview do you mean the one on one ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending