The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunnysideup2u
I'm also waiting on both and haven't heard anything. I know that at least Pump Court Tax's deadline was a bit later this year, so that may have something to do with things.

yeah, just hope it isn't a RBS as suggested above. we'll find out soon enough!
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Just to follow this up, but I've heard back from one of Chambers' most junior tenants, and they've confirmed that they didn't have to provide certificates for anything, either as part of the process of joining Chambers, or as part of the BSB requirements.

Interesting! I've managed to dig out my dusty old A-level certificates anyway so at least I'm prepared for all eventualities. Thanks for enquiring!
Reply 282
Anyone received a rejection from 2 Hare Court, haven't heard anything from them.
Original post by emirc
Anyone received a rejection from 2 Hare Court, haven't heard anything from them.

I just emailed them to ask if the unsuccessful will be notified and got a rejection email minutes later.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Just to follow this up, but I've heard back from one of Chambers' most junior tenants, and they've confirmed that they didn't have to provide certificates for anything, either as part of the process of joining Chambers, or as part of the BSB requirements.

Thanks for this. Your help is much appreciated.
I’ve received confirmation of receipt of application from 18SJS, which just says they hope to let people know if they’ve been successful for the assessment day ‘as soon as possible’.
Reply 286
Has anyone received an invitation for the CPS video interview? Are we allowed to make a note of the questions asked, prepare for it then complete the video at another time? Or do you have to record it as soon as you know what the questions are?

I haven't applied for CPS before but my understanding from other students is that last year they could record their answers later after having sight of the questions?
Has anyone heard from Francis Taylor Building yet?
Original post by fingersX
Has anyone heard from Francis Taylor Building yet?

nope!
Reply 289
Original post by emirc

Rejected yesterday afternoon by email.
Original post by Bar18
Has anyone received an invitation for the CPS video interview? Are we allowed to make a note of the questions asked, prepare for it then complete the video at another time? Or do you have to record it as soon as you know what the questions are?

I haven't applied for CPS before but my understanding from other students is that last year they could record their answers later after having sight of the questions?

You record as soon as you know what the questions are. You can re-record but you can't open the questions, go away and think about it and come back at a later date.

They release the interviews all at the same time after the deadline has closed :smile:
Original post by NameUnknown
Has anyone heard from South Square? They said they were interviewing next week.

Rejections sent out via Gateway email.
Rejections sent out via Gateway email.

By this you mean the email you used for the Gateway? Or a seperate email service?
Original post by Ardentarendt
By this you mean the email you used for the Gateway? Or a seperate email service?

They updated the Gateway (to say application unsuccessful), so it should automatically forward a notification to those candidates through the email address candidates registered with the Gateway.
Has anyone heard from Broadway House?
They updated the Gateway (to say application unsuccessful), so it should automatically forward a notification to those candidates through the email address candidates registered with the Gateway.

Thank you for the clarification!
Original post by costello392
Has anyone heard from Broadway House?

No I haven't heard anything yet!
Original post by Leagle Beagle
No I haven't heard anything yet!

Reply 298
Anyone got any experience of the sort of thing that is asked in the CPS video interview?
Reply 299
Has anyone received confirmation of receipt of application from 5 paper (civil set not criminal)? Apparently it is supposed to be an automatic reply so I’m a tad worried 😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending