The Student Room Group

University of reading

Trying to decide on the other options for my UCAS. Currently I’ve decided on doing English lit and theatre studies at University of Leeds and English Lit with creative writing at University of Nottingham but still need 3 more options.

I was thinking of putting reading down for English Lit and theatre but wanted to know peoples thoughts who go/ have been to uni of reading or even attended the open day (as I missed it).

I am also thinking of applying for Birmingham, bath spa, Lancaster, newcastle, Nottingham Trent and Sheffield so would love some feedback on these unis too if anyone has any to inform my decision.

Thank you so much!
xoxoxo
Original post by wordsandroses
Trying to decide on the other options for my UCAS. Currently I’ve decided on doing English lit and theatre studies at University of Leeds and English Lit with creative writing at University of Nottingham but still need 3 more options.

I was thinking of putting reading down for English Lit and theatre but wanted to know peoples thoughts who go/ have been to uni of reading or even attended the open day (as I missed it).

I am also thinking of applying for Birmingham, bath spa, Lancaster, newcastle, Nottingham Trent and Sheffield so would love some feedback on these unis too if anyone has any to inform my decision.

Thank you so much!
xoxoxo

Hello :smile:

It's great to hear you're interested in applying for the University of Reading!

In terms of the course, I know people who currently study English Literature and have given the course lots of good feedback. You can find more out about the course here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/english-literature-ug/ba-english-literature-and-theatre.aspx or if you have any specific questions about the course then please do get back to us and we can do our best to find out for you!

In general, the University of Reading is great university with a lot to offer for any type of student. It is a campus based university which means everything is in pretty much one place, with a really comfortable, multicultural atmosphere. The University has a vast range of sports and societies you would be able to join to enhance your time here at the university. It also offers various accommodation for different budgets and preferences, such as catered or non-catered, and ensuite or shared bathroom.
If you still want to find out more, you can explore our website at http://www.reading.ac.uk

You also have the option book a campus tour at the university, which can be done on the website or over the phone.

Hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to approach us with any other questions!

Abbie:smile:
Third year Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReading
Hello :smile:

It's great to hear you're interested in applying for the University of Reading!

In terms of the course, I know people who currently study English Literature and have given the course lots of good feedback. You can find more out about the course here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/english-literature-ug/ba-english-literature-and-theatre.aspx or if you have any specific questions about the course then please do get back to us and we can do our best to find out for you!

In general, the University of Reading is great university with a lot to offer for any type of student. It is a campus based university which means everything is in pretty much one place, with a really comfortable, multicultural atmosphere. The University has a vast range of sports and societies you would be able to join to enhance your time here at the university. It also offers various accommodation for different budgets and preferences, such as catered or non-catered, and ensuite or shared bathroom.
If you still want to find out more, you can explore our website at http://www.reading.ac.uk

You also have the option book a campus tour at the university, which can be done on the website or over the phone.

Hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to approach us with any other questions!

Abbie:smile:
Third year Student Ambassador

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending