The Student Room Group

Working on the tills at b&m

I’m about to start my job at b&m working on the tills, could anyone give me some advice about what to do as I’m really nervous
Original post by kjr23
I’m about to start my job at b&m working on the tills, could anyone give me some advice about what to do as I’m really nervous

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on getting a job. Whether this is a part time job, or your first job, or whatever it is, then well done to you, for going out and having the work ethic to earn your own money. Good for you!

I know it can be scary when you are facing the prospect of the unknown - but you will receive training, and will have a supervisor and colleagues who will try nd help you as much as they can. My first job (age 17) was as a bank teller, and I was incredibly shy and nervous dealing with the public. But very quickly, I settled into the role and found I was very good at it. It was almost like being an actor - the person I was with the public, was very different from the person who I actually am, but I could play the part well.

Play the part well, and do not be scared to ask for help. Above all, believe in yourself, and try and be as helpful as you can be to everyone, and you will do well.
Is this your first job? What is it you are nervous about? Training will be provided and also you won't be left on your own so don't worry. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LiyoS
First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on getting a job. Whether this is a part time job, or your first job, or whatever it is, then well done to you, for going out and having the work ethic to earn your own money. Good for you!

I know it can be scary when you are facing the prospect of the unknown - but you will receive training, and will have a supervisor and colleagues who will try nd help you as much as they can. My first job (age 17) was as a bank teller, and I was incredibly shy and nervous dealing with the public. But very quickly, I settled into the role and found I was very good at it. It was almost like being an actor - the person I was with the public, was very different from the person who I actually am, but I could play the part well.

Play the part well, and do not be scared to ask for help. Above all, believe in yourself, and try and be as helpful as you can be to everyone, and you will do well.

Original post by Simonthegreat
Is this your first job? What is it you are nervous about? Training will be provided and also you won't be left on your own so don't worry. Good luck :smile:

Basically I’m nervous about working on the tills, such as what do I say? Is it difficult? Do I have to scan quickly
Reply 4
Okay thank you so much for your help, I feel more confident knowing how quickly I’ll get used to it
Reply 5
Wow thanks for the great advice, my store doesn’t sell lottery tickets so I won’t have to worry about that it’s just because I’m 16 so I can’t actually sell any spirits or alcohol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending