The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Polish is hard even if it is your mother tongue :eek: :redface:
i personally find History quite difficult. There's so many facts to learn. I've found that i've got worse at History over time:frown:
Computing. It's so mind numbingly boring, and the exam markers are on hardcore drugs.
Reply 43
SiAnY
Why isn't Biology on that list? Biology is my most difficult A-level subject by far and i find sciences much harder than languages and English (although i don't actually do a language A-level).

Computing and Information Communication Technology is under the heading Design and Technology.

Philsophy is next to History and Politics.

I think all of the main subjects are there.
Reply 44
Cellardore
i personally find History quite difficult. There's so many facts to learn. I've found that i've got worse at History over time:frown:

History is not easy. So many books to read for background information, some just give a brief outline while others go over the top and way too over the top and might only contain some useful information relevant to the level required for AS/A2 History.

Remembering dates and chronology and order is quite confusing at times.

It is quite a challenge to get the top grade.
Reply 45
Invisible
Computing. It's so mind numbingly boring, and the exam markers are on hardcore drugs.

You can only design a database using Microsoft Access and then write the Reportin Word and maybe a an Excel Spreadsheet. You do get told to use Vsiaul Basic but very few understand the difference between ICT and Computing is ICT is all Office based software, where as Computing is more demanding and wants to see evidence of code and annotated with explantions on functions, very few people probably make this distinction between the two subjects, probably explains why only 8% of people get an A grade. There was of course a massive drop oin numbers taking Computing this summer. :eek:
No subjects at this level are easy, they're all hard in their own ways. Personally I find things like art the hardest, no matter how hard I tried I could only get a U in a pratical subject.

I'm not going to bother writing an essay on how wrong your opinions on sociology are though, I'm too tired.
Reply 47
Swing
No subjects at this level are easy, they're all hard in their own ways. Personally I find things like art the hardest, no matter how hard I tried I could only get a U in a pratical subject.

I'm not going to bother writing an essay on how wrong your opinions on sociology are though, I'm too tired.

I never said it was EASY, but it causes far less stress then say when you study something like Maths or Physics or Chemistry.

In a Sociology exam, yes you do write 45 minute essays X 3. However you can make up stuff and write something and possibly pass. With the hard sciences its almost impossible to pass because of the style of the questions is so structured especially on chemistry papers its question 1. part (a) part (i) all the way to part (v). Each part relies on the previous correct answer.

Maths is even more difficult, if you do not complete the exercises successfully you have a low chance of passing.
Reply 48
for me its chemistry, the As is a doddle but A2 is way harder. :smile:
Reply 49
Triple D
for me its chemistry, the As is a doddle but A2 is way harder. :smile:

Do like doing Bond Enthalpies and using Hess's Laws and drwaing the Born Haber Cycle diagrams. You also have to recall the basic stuff you did in the AS Chemistry.

It is not too difficult. Jusat have to practice every day.
Reply 50
sz72
did anyone do Sports and PE A Level?
for me its difficult and i failed... :frown:

Is tha tloads of human biology? Or more with rules of different sports? Or is it more focused on sport science?
Reply 51
SiAnY
No idea, I don't even know what Calculus is to be honest! Eek! In Geography there's never any real 'hardcore' science as it were, but some things in physical Geog are quite complex.

Calculus is all the stuff you learn in a-level maths differentiation integration etc...
French is my hardest so far - the grammar is quite difficult.

History is ok but the step-up depends on what topics you did for GCSE e.g. we did Hitler's Germany which is very political and more like an A-Level topics than say, Health and Medicine through time.

Maths is also ok because they break you in gently. P1 isn't too difficult although I'm under no illusion that its going to get a lot harder!
:eek: I'm really surprised that people see art/music/drama/theatre studies/media studies as harder than Latin/Greek/Classics. I don't study any of the above subjects, but I would have thought the latter subjects would be much harder.
Reply 54
london
diifficult?
Psychology, Soicology and the likes are not too heavy on the brain at all. If you look at those papers, you do have to knwo some theories and be able to write some essays not as demanding as the above.

Whatever, dude. Not too heavy my butt. It's more than knowing theories. It's mental processes, approaches and you have to actually understand stuff to even know where to start to write an essay.
Reply 55
At A2, Chemistry and Physics are more difficult, because they are so incoherent and random and pathetic, that I have lost interest in them.
Reply 56
RobbieC
At A2, Chemistry and Physics are more difficult, because they are so incoherent and random and pathetic, that I have lost interest in them.

Its good fun :wink:
Out of the as levels that im doing I'd say my hardest is Engliah Lang and Lit.
Reply 58
LittleMissShine
Out of the as levels that im doing I'd say my hardest is Engliah Lang and Lit.

I would say it would be History if the topic that the teacher selected to study was not too familiar or well known about.

English all depends on the books you read, you might find them really hard and boring or really interresting and easy.
Reply 59
i only do sciency subjects, so i chose the one with physics.....my other subject is maths, but i don't really find that difficult
i think if i were to do a more varied set of a-level subjects, i would find things like english/history/ecnomics/anything that would require me to write a lot the hardest

Latest