The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Il

Hiii, I’m applying for French and Spanish. Is anyone else applying for languages :smile:
Hi! I'm currently a student at Cardiff studying French and Spanish, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me! :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I have an unconditional to study Spanish !
Original post by elliechapman99
I have an unconditional to study Spanish !

Well done! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Original post by Uyirpeariel
Well done! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Thank you so much!! How difficult is the jump from A level to Uni? Also could I ask some accommodation questions?
Personally I didn't find the jump difficult at all, especially as they tend to recap a lot of A level content to get everyone on the same page. However some of my friends disagree and say they find it more difficult since there is a heavier workload (however I disagree - maybe my sixth form just worked us too hard :P )Yes feel free to ask anything about accommodation!
Will the lectures always be in Spanish or will they try and ease us into it because my sixth form teacher was supposed to speak entirely in Spanish for the last year but she hardly did so I’m worried about not understanding! And where did you live in first year? I applied for Talybont South because I care a lot about the social aspect but I’m worried because I don’t want to always be kept up until 4am with loud music hahaha
It really depends on the teacher, in my grammar class the teacher speaks Spanish for the majority of the time. You really surprise yourself with how much you understand, and if you're ever unsure you can always ask. One of my translation teachers speaks mostly in English.
I live in taly north, taly south isn't too loud at all, but it's louder than north. On student nights definitely expect noise (weds, fri and sat), but apart from then it will be fine!
Reply 8
I can barely speak English never mind french or Spanish!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending