The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Application queries re Cardiff University MSc Psychology (conversion)

Hi,
I'm just starting the application process for Cardiff Uni's Psychology Conversion Masters, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a few things.
Firstly, is there an interview? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on their site.

Also wondering if they require an academic reference... at some point? It says you don't need one when I started the application yesterday but wasn't sure If they then request if a place is offered? Just wanted to know as I'd need to get the ball rolling on that soon if so as I'm a mature student and would probably need to meet up with some old professors.

I was also wondering if any prospective/current/alumni students know where I could find the reading list for the course?

Any insight/advice much appreciated, ty!
Reply 1
Hi! So, I am currently an offer holder of the MSc Psych conversion course at Cardiff for the Sep 24 intake.

Rest assured, there is no interview and no need for a reference. I would suggest to make your personal statement as dapper as possible!!

Hoping to meet you soon, then!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
I'm just starting the application process for Cardiff Uni's Psychology Conversion Masters, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a few things.
Firstly, is there an interview? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on their site.

Also wondering if they require an academic reference... at some point? It says you don't need one when I started the application yesterday but wasn't sure If they then request if a place is offered? Just wanted to know as I'd need to get the ball rolling on that soon if so as I'm a mature student and would probably need to meet up with some old professors.

I was also wondering if any prospective/current/alumni students know where I could find the reading list for the course?

Any insight/advice much appreciated, ty!

Hi there,

The course listings on the Cardiff University website usually provides you with all the information you need for the application process (they wouldn't scare you with a surprise interview!). So, I would say there isn't an interview or a reference required 🙂

Unfortunately as I am a BSc psychology student, I won't be able to answer the last question, since we have different reading lists. If you had any other questions about studying psychology at Cardiff though, I'd be happy to answer them.

~ Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jjhhy56
Hi! So, I am currently an offer holder of the MSc Psych conversion course at Cardiff for the Sep 24 intake.

Rest assured, there is no interview and no need for a reference. I would suggest to make your personal statement as dapper as possible!!

Hi! When did you get your offer? I applied to this course last week too :smile:
Original post by Owenm.lton
Hi! When did you get your offer? I applied to this course last week too :smile:

Hi! I am so sorry for the late reply but I had applied back in November, and I got the offer mid January! Hope this helps, and best of luck!
Original post by jjhhy56

Omg I applied December end, for Sept 2024 Intake, I haven’t got a reply just yet..
Original post by Anonymous #2
Omg I applied December end, for Sept 2024 Intake, I haven’t got a reply just yet..

Ah they do take time with that, don't worry too much! It should come by this month end!
Original post by janaki123456
Ah they do take time with that, don't worry too much! It should come by this month end!

Yeah! hopefully 🤞🏼
Do keep in touch!!
Yeah! hopefully 🤞🏼
Do keep in touch!!

Course! Just ping me when you get your offer! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by jjhhy56

Hey, just wanted to respond as I got my unconditional offer a few days ago 🙂 likewise looking forwards to meeting you there soon ! X
hey guys, i've received an offer! looking forward to joining this autumn x
Same here!
This is awesome - congratulations! Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Original post by lev.ck
Hey, just wanted to respond as I got my unconditional offer a few days ago 🙂 likewise looking forwards to meeting you there soon ! X
Hey! I’ve got my offer too :smile: does anyone want to set up a gc?
Hey! I’ve got my offer too :smile: does anyone want to set up a gc?
That would be great actually!
Original post by janaki123456
That would be great actually!
I’ll set it up and send a link to anyone who wants to be a part of it 🤝
I’ll set it up and send a link to anyone who wants to be a part of it 🤝

Hi! I'm an offer holder too for MSc Psychology Conversion Sept '24, would love to join the group chat :smile:
Reply 17
Hi, I'm also an offer holder this course! Could I be added to the group chat please? 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending