The Student Room Group

Boyfriends hoodie

So today my boyfriend gave me his hoodie. I didn't see the big deal with this it's just an item of clothing. My mum on the other hand does not agree with it.
Why does she not agree? Is there something wrong with it? Is it inappropriate?
Side note this is my first boyfriend and I'm new to the whole relationship thing.
Can someone please give me some advise.
I'll be honest, Its hard to say without context. How did he give you his hoodie? Like, are we talking "Here, Its raining/cold, Put this on" (In which case, as a bloke, there is nothing more to that than "I would much rather you didn't freeze to death")

Did you walk home wearing it after a night round his? She might thing you and him were going at it.

Either way, Some more Context would be wonderful for this
Reply 2
I mean I don't see anything wrong with it -- it's terribly cute -- but imagine if your kid turned up in her boyfriend's hoodie and think about the kind of panic your mum might be going through. How did you get it -- what situations would you be getting in.
She's probably terrified because she thinks you've started having sex.

In any case, try to have a conversation with her and figure out why she is uncomfortable with the hoodie. I'm guessing you're in your mid-teens?
If so gently remind her that although you respect her opinion, she should try talking to you about things that you do that make her uncomfortable. My friend's parents do this and I honestly think it's such a lovely way to treat your kids. But be gentle, she's still your mum!!!

Best of luck!!

-Annie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending