The Student Room Group

Can I do business whiles in school?

Please I want suggestions on what kind of business I can set up whiles studying at the uni.
Is that feasible at all?
As long as it's not illegal and likely to get you thrown out (selling IPTV subscriptions for example) then the world is pretty much your oyster I'd say.
Students are allowed to work in a shop, bar etc. so why would you think you can't set up a business.
What are you good at?
What would someone buy from you - it could be a skill like teaching a foreign language, or basic guitar playing - or upgrading people's laptops, using an online print shop for t-shirts and hoodies.
Reply 2
Original post by JohnEssien1
Please I want suggestions on what kind of business I can set up whiles studying at the uni.
Is that feasible at all?

You would need to check your accommodation contract to see if it's allowed to run a business from your accommodation. It's likely that it's not allowed.

If all you do at your accommodation is paperwork then you might get away with it. But it's likely to become an issue if you start getting goods delivered there, or if you start getting disgruntled customers turning up, or worse -- for example bailiffs if you don't pay your bills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending