The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Postgraduate Prospective Students 2019/0

Hey Everyone,

I submitted my application to the MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets Oct 31 as an overseas applicant, still waiting on a decision. However, I did recently get a message that I should hear back in the next 4-6 weeks, so I'm hopeful!

So far I have unconditionals from Bath, Aberdeen, and St Andrews, though Edi would be my first choice. St Andrews requires a response within four weeks - hopefully I hear back from Edi soon!

Any other prospective postgrad candidates out there who want to share?

Cheers!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm an international student and submitted my application for Comparative Public Policy right before the December holiday. My app is still marked as "New--Application Received."

I also applied to LSE and at least there my app is under consideration by the department. Have you heard back yet?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hey I just submitted my application for the MSc in Ecological Economics and the MSc in Energy, Society and Sustainability
Lets See how Long it will takes for me to receive an answer
Also applied to Warwick and Exeter
I applied for the Int'l Relations Msc on Jan 14th, although I had to submit some other documents and it didn't all get finalized until the 22nd, at which point they told me 4-6 weeks. Given the "eight round" structure of their application process (where you apply by the 15th of the month and hear back by the end of the month), I assume that means I'll hear back by the end of February (maybe later since it's a short month).

If anyone else had a faster experience, feel free to share.
Hey, I officially sent my application to the MSc Performance Psychology program a week ago (last Monday). My reference was just recently uploaded. All of my documents and reference are check marked green but all say pending waiting verification. Any idea how long they take to verify the documents? And then timing on offer expectations after that? Has anyone heard back with offers from Edinburgh yet?
It only took them two or three days to verify mine, which I only know because one was insufficient and I had to upload something else. Then they told me 4-6 weeks. I might have heard back quickly though because there was something wrong that I needed to fix.
Hello! I just received an unofficial offer for a PhD in neuroscience and I am over the moon! Anyone else applying for a PhD?
Original post by toomanyhedgehogs
Hello! I just received an unofficial offer for a PhD in neuroscience and I am over the moon! Anyone else applying for a PhD?

Many congratulations :smile:
International applicant here, I applied for MSc Social Anthropology on Jan 7. On Jan 14 the status changed into "all details received" and they tell me to expect the decision in 4-6 weeks. It's already week 6 and I'm slowly losing my mind, but glad to know that I'm not the only one. Best of luck for everyone.
(edited 5 years ago)
Is anyone else still on hold? I applied to the Artificial Intelligence MSc (1 year) at the start of January and it still says on hold, although it says I have submitted everything. Is the status supposed to change to something if it's being considered? I'm worried my application has disappeared into the ether :s-smilie:
Original post by freedomweasel
Is anyone else still on hold? I applied to the Artificial Intelligence MSc (1 year) at the start of January and it still says on hold, although it says I have submitted everything. Is the status supposed to change to something if it's being considered? I'm worried my application has disappeared into the ether :s-smilie:

I am on hold as well (AI Msc). Exactly same situation as you. Don't worry, applications don't just disappear into the ether. It takes time to process all the applications.
Original post by Coursera
I am on hold as well (AI Msc). Exactly same situation as you. Don't worry, applications don't just disappear into the ether. It takes time to process all the applications.

Glad to know someone else is in the same position. Was a bit paranoid because I had some trouble with my reference, haha. Good luck on your application!

Hi there! congrats on the offer!!!!! I got an unconditional offer as well for a PhD in African Studies, waiting to hear back though about funding :-/! Fingers crossed! Do have any experience with the uni scholarships?
Original post by cookiedee32
Hi there! congrats on the offer!!!!! I got an unconditional offer as well for a PhD in African Studies, waiting to hear back though about funding :-/! Fingers crossed! Do have any experience with the uni scholarships?

Hey, congrats as well!! My PhD position was fully funded so I haven't looked into it, sorry :frown:
Hey, congrats as well!! My PhD position was fully funded so I haven't looked into it, sorry :frown:

Oh okay! Good on you though :biggrin:! I guess I just have to be patient on waiting to hear back from them!:rolleyes: (easier said than done lol)
Reply 15
Congratulations to everyone with offers! Has anyone heard back from the geoscience department? Specifically for PhD?
Original post by GBoulding
Hey, I officially sent my application to the MSc Performance Psychology program a week ago (last Monday). My reference was just recently uploaded. All of my documents and reference are check marked green but all say pending waiting verification. Any idea how long they take to verify the documents? And then timing on offer expectations after that? Has anyone heard back with offers from Edinburgh yet?

HEy! I applied for the psychology conversion and got an offer within 3 weeks of them verifying my application. Have you heard back yet?
Hello, I applied to the same and received an admit on friday , hope you do too :smile: good luck
Reply 18
Hi,
Has anyone received admit for MSc AI yet?
Hey I received an admit 2 days ago , I applied on 18th December, so I guess you should wait for a while ( same course ).
Also you can inform them if you need a decision soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending