The Student Room Group

Another year of Sixth Form

Okay so let me explain. I am currently in Year 13 and I'm doing A-Levels in Chemistry, Biology and French. I HATE French - I think it's so hard and I'm struggling to get my A that I need for uni. I've got offers from universities to study Chemistry (UCL will be my firm) and they requrie AAA. So, I've been thinking to start A-Level Maths in January and do another year of sixth form - is this a good idea? I really think I can do well in Maths and get a better grade than French and it's more useful for me - I got an 8 in GCSE Maths and an A in Further Maths. Also, I'm thinking of applying for Medicine instead of doing Chemistry
Reply 1
Have you asked your 6th form if they would let you? If you're at a state school it's unlikely that they would receive any funding for you so they may well not. Also medicine offers are normally based round 3 A levels achieved in the same exam season, so doing Maths a year later will not qualify.
(edited 5 years ago)
No so basically I'm thinking of doing all my A-Levels the year later - and there are so many students who re-do the year at my school (it's a state grammar)
Original post by Compost
Have you asked your 6th form if they would let you? If you're at a state school it's unlikely that they would receive any funding for you so they may well not. Also medicine offers are normally based round 3 A levels achived in the same exam season, so doing Maths a year later will not qualify.

Quick Reply

Latest